What's new

What is my old Jerry Garcia tie still good for?

Well, what is this thing still good for?

• A tax write off - donate it to Goodwill

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I'm going through all the old ties in my closet that I never wear anymore and came across the Jerry Garcia I got in college. It looks like Jerry smeared his paint palette all over the tie when he was trippin. Color explosion everywhere. Even though I was never a Deadhead, I was really excited about that tie in a weird, funky, 90s-ish way. But I haven't worn it in as long as I can remember. What to do?

The Grateful Dead nor a Jerry tie go out of style. When you strap on your Jerry tie, you will bring a smile to anyones face who gets it. By the way, it's never too late to get on the bus.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
It looks like Jerry smeared his paint palette all over the tie when he was trippin. Color explosion everywhere.
I had to look those up online. Some actually seem like ties I could possibly wear ...

1616001464047.png

(all except "lizard board") ... and others more like you describe ...

1616001737042.png

1616001753888.png

Well, given that it takes basically no effort to keep one necktie, and if you get rid of it it's gone forever, why not keep it? Maybe one day you have a son or grandson who is "into" wearing "that sort" of necktie, and he may well be absolutely thrilled to get not only a gen-U-ine Garcia tie ... but one that you yourself wore back in the day.

Hang on to it. Use it as a pop of color/texture.

I have a "Veggie Tales" tie I sometimes wear with an otherwise very stately solid blue suit, white shirt, white pocket square and black shoes. ALWAYS get compliments and accolades for wearing something my children bought me 15 + years ago.

Top Bottom