What's new

What is Methodshaving?

You were asking what will help... I would say that it is a matter of trial and error for most. You have to try many products and pieces of equipment before you know what works well for you. Many people will say that one thing or another is the best way to go, but its all about you and your individual skin. Yes, some products might be better made thebn others, but that does not mean that they are ideal for you. And then there's personal taste...

Never really used or understood this choice of terms. I guess I aways referred to the process that I use in the mornings as shaving. Never understood this term.

Never really used or understood this choice of terms. I guess I aways referred to the process that I use in the mornings as shaving. Never understood this term.
Do you mean the term "method?" It was originally called "The Roberts Method of Wet Shaving" (RMWS) and it was eventually just shortened to "Method Shaving."

--Mark

To the original question, what is Method Shaving? I give you this:

http://enchanteonline.com/pages/faqs/primerfinal.pdf

Enjoy :wink2:
I just want to say, as a newb, that this text, the link above, is one of the many reasons this Method Shaving is as so remarkably unremarkible.
Just try reading that.....
I REALLY wanted to read it and understand what this is about and I only made it to page 9 (out of 75 pages!). The writer is too involved in supreflous literations, allagory, and similies seeming to want to show more prowess and a superior command of not only wetshaving but the English language than the reader. It's an excorcise in College English. On top of that, by page 9 he STILL hasn;t explained a single thing! :confused: Talk about alienating your intended audience!:eek:

I just want to say, as a newb, that this text, the link above, is one of the many reasons this Method Shaving is as so remarkably unremarkible.
Just try reading that.....
I REALLY wanted to read it and understand what this is about and I only made it to page 9 (out of 75 pages!). The writer is too involved in supreflous literations, allagory, and similies seeming to want to show more prowess and a superior command of not only wetshaving but the English language than the reader. It's an excorcise in College English. On top of that, by page 9 he STILL hasn;t explained a single thing! :confused: Talk about alienating your intended audience!:eek:

My sentiments exactly. I thought I was reading someone's master's thesis.

Read Joel's review about his "foray" into method shaving - it's a sticky in this sub-forum.
It explains & shows (w/ pics) everything clearly and much more concisely.

I admit I am intrigued by it. I have problem skin that tends to break out in acne when irritated, so anything that could eliminate my problems would be fully embraced. But the $100+ price tag to get all of the products makes me reluctant to jump in right now. I've only been at this DE thing for a couple weeks now so I'm still learning proper technique, trying samples of different products, etc. If things work out "wetshaving" I will stick w/ it for the variety of products it offers, but if I can't attain the results I'm looking for then I will definitely try the "method shaving" system.

I eventually plan on trying the CAR aftershave regardless - everyone seems to think this stuff is just incredible.

Joel's explanation is MUCH better.... and I think I have resolved that It's not necessary for me. But it is surely interesting...

My only problem is on my neck to shave WTG I have to shave North...

If I do this I don't have any problems with redness...or razor bumps..

So I had to sit down and diagram my face and put pen to paper to map my face and the directon the hair grows..

Top Bottom