What's new

What is it? (Cheaply Made DE Open Comb Razor, but by whom?)

I picked one of these up for about two dollars in my antique store travels. It's absolutely the most cheaply made razor I think you could ever stumble upon! The head is simply stamped out of light gauge metal!!

Just wondering if anyone knows it's history, and who might have made it?

This thing makes a Weishi/ Ming Shi look like a piece of art!

proxy.php

Last edited:
This razor has been around for some time. We have a thread on it about once a month but I don't remember the details. I bought a razor about 4 months ago from ebay and they put one in the box along with my purchase. Not even a mention about it. Oh, I think $2 is to much.

Len

This razor has been around for some time. We have a thread on it about once a month but I don't remember the details. I bought a razor about 4 months ago from ebay and they put one in the box along with my purchase. Not even a mention about it. Oh, I think $2 is to much.

Len

Did you happen to use it? I tried to load a blade into it, but was turned off, upon finding that the blade had very uneven edges, unless you were very careful when loading the blade. Didn't seem to be something I would want to take a chance with. :lol::lol:

Did you happen to use it? I tried to load a blade into it, but was turned off, upon finding that the blade had very uneven edges, unless you were very careful when loading the blade. Didn't seem to be something I would want to take a chance with. :lol::lol:

I didn't use it. I figured somebody made it in their garage with a hacksaw and a ball pean hammer. I still have it somewhere though.

Len

They actually make a slightly nicer version. Here's one that I have. It is brass and has a nice heft to it that the other doesn't have.

proxy.php

Top Bottom