What's new

What is hydrosol?

I'm sure that this is answered somehwere on these boards, but whenever I search, the results are much too large. I see that a lot of people are applying hydrosol and some other similar things to the face at various times in their routine. Can someone explain to me what this is and why one would use it? What are some of the preferred brands? Thanks guys. I love this forum.

Scotto said:
Some info buried here.

Thanks, Scotto. I read the link, but I'm still not sure why people use it or when in a regimen it should be used. I may be a little dense on this one.

Short answer - it feels and smells good on your face. Others will claim slight moisturizing benefits, reduction of razor burn, removal of residues, etc. Most of this is minor, IMO; I use them because I like to - consider them optional but recommended (if that makes any sense at all). I use them after shaving/rinsing and before aftershave treatment.

pick up thayers witch hazel w/ aloe either rose or lavender. find a little spray bottle to put it in and spray it on your face after washing it / before putting on aftershave. i find that it feels nice, smells good, helps put on the aftershave...you can use less.

I think a hydrosol can work in the place of a thayers witch hazel. Especially if you use an Alum directly beforehand. QED Davinci Water and AOS Rose WAter are popular hydrosols.

pick up thayers witch hazel w/ aloe either rose or lavender. find a little spray bottle to put it in and spray it on your face after washing it / before putting on aftershave. i find that it feels nice, smells good, helps put on the aftershave...you can use less.

+1 on the Thayers before the a/s

Top Bottom