What's new

What is everyone's current favorite Lavender shaving soap?

There are a lot of good lavender shaving soaps out there. I haven't tried them all, by a long shot. I have tried quite a few, though. I always liked lavender, but was ambivalent about buying shaving soaps with it. As far as scent plus performance, however, my local brick and mortar introduced me to Barrister and Mann's Reserve Lavender a couple of years ago. That did it. It is like a morning breeze over a lavender field. The tallow based soap really gives good performance to go along with the smell. This is good stuff, for me at least.

Which ones do you all like best?

Have you tried the Cyril R Salter Solid soap? It is very similar to DR Harris Lavender. Not a pure lavender, but a fairly light Bergamot+Lavender type of scent. Not many places sell this soap, but Connaught in the UK and a few other shops have it. Very reasonable price, 100g is around $7-8. There's also a 70g size.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Lavender is great for shaving soaps & creams, I really enjoyed the Razorock Lavender and it is a masculine scent with excellent lather qualities (obsolete). I'm on my last tub of 3 and wish they would bring it back but no luck yet.
So I went on a search a few years ago and tried the Arch Brito Lavanda cream and it is nice lavender with a touch of mint or something similar. Very nice mild scent 3-4/10 also and on my 2nd tube. When I bought 2 tubes it is about the same as 7 OZ tub on soap.
Ach Brito Lavanda has been around for many decades and is very nice pleasant scent.
I find lavender essential oil shaving creams and soaps really good for the skin and offers some of the best skin protection when shaving. Lavender also is known to relax folks down from my limited research.
SOTD May 13 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Lavender is great for shaving soaps & creams, I really enjoyed the Razorock Lavender and it is a masculine scent with excellent lather qualities (obsolete). I'm on my last tub of 3 and wish they would bring it back but no luck yet.
So I went on a search a few years ago and tried the Arch Brito Lavanda cream and it is nice lavender with a touch of mint or something similar. Very nice mild scent 3-4/10 also and on my 2nd tube. When I bought 2 tubes it is about the same as 7 OZ tub on soap.
Ach Brito Lavanda has been around for many decades and is very nice pleasant scent.
I find lavender essential oil shaving creams and soaps really good for the skin and offers some of the best skin protection when shaving. Lavender also is known to relax folks down from my limited research.
View attachment 1661971
Have some great shaves!
Yeah, the Ach. Brito Lavanda shaving cream is pretty nice. I just opened another tube a couple of weeks ago. I've used it many times. It has a nice, fresh scent that is very pleasing. The soap doesn't perform badly, at all, for the money, but it is a devil trying to get it out of the tube!

Have you tried the Cyril R Salter Solid soap? It is very similar to DR Harris Lavender. Not a pure lavender, but a fairly light Bergamot+Lavender type of scent. Not many places sell this soap, but Connaught in the UK and a few other shops have it. Very reasonable price, 100g is around $7-8. There's also a 70g size.
I finally began using a 100g puck of Cyril R Salter acquired last fall from Connaught Shaving. One of my top performing soaps with a pleasant scent as you've described. Identical non-scent ingredients to most of the D.R. Harris hard soaps (those with tallow as the first ingredient) and a tad better than my D.R. Harris Windsor (relative performance, both soaps are very good) that has a different formula with Tallow listed second.

Only 4.50 GBP from Connaught or just under $6 U.S.

There are a lot of good lavender shaving soaps out there. I haven't tried them all, by a long shot. I have tried quite a few, though. I always liked lavender, but was ambivalent about buying shaving soaps with it. As far as scent plus performance, however, my local brick and mortar introduced me to Barrister and Mann's Reserve Lavender a couple of years ago. That did it. It is like a morning breeze over a lavender field. The tallow based soap really gives good performance to go along with the smell. This is good stuff, for me at least.

Which ones do you all like best?
I like Lothur “Calm”. It has a nice clean fragrance of Lavender and other green notes.

I've enjoyed the faint, clean smell of lavender from MdC Original, but am finding it's performance has been far eclipsed by more modern competitor products like those from Grooming Dept. and Ariana & Evans.

In my experience the primary and most outstanding difference in these newer soap formulations are their amplified moisturizing capabilities. They're so good that I don't really need a post-shave product beyond an inexpensive witch hazel+water splash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom