What's new

What is everyone cooking for NYE?

Just the wifey and I this year, no big plans but still trying to work out the menu.
Looks like we're going to start with an endive salad with crab, paired with some champagne. Still not sure what to do for our main course though... anyone I can steal some inspiration from?

Boring here too--and stuck with the same bad cold I have had for 3wks. So, not even a nice glass of wine since my taste is off.

An appy dinner with Ukranian sausage, smoked cheddar, crackers, veggies n dip, and mini dills. Maybe some premade spring rolls. Maybe watch The Sinner season two.

@MVD1 look up Ming tsai immunity soup. I had a cold that wouldn’t give up so I tried it. I think it helped a lot. Doesn’t taste too bad either.

We ended up with burgers and lays wavy chips. Just not feeling the NYE love this year.

@MVD1
We ended up with burgers and lays wavy chips. Just not feeling the NYE love this year.
I hear you, it seems like NYE is pretty blasé this year with everyone I know as well...
Decided to do bacon wrapped turkey tenderloin, will do a balsamic glaze drizzle on top

4FE2A5A9-3E49-4EBD-86E5-A80FCB7489FD.jpeg

Whisky olives, Onion Dip Chips, charcuterie board, cheese board, pickled veggies, crackers, baguette slices, crudites with roasted pepper hummus, lemon/garlic aioli, store bought baba ganoush, big mess of other finger foods... everyone wanted to try the fruitcake...

file-13.jpeg
file4-3.jpeg
file3-3.jpeg
file2-5.jpeg
file5.jpeg

dave

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
We ate glorified fajita tacos. The sauce was a blend of chipotle peppers and sour cream. Threw in a few chili pequin for good measure.

The older I get the less I enjoy NYE. This year, as the previous two years we went out for an early dinner, and were home by 9pm. If you are out after the fireworks here forget trying to get a taxi and I am too old and grumpy for that!

Opened a nice Haut-Medoc and watched The Sting instead.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Not for New Year's Eve, but for New Year's Day.

Black-eyed peas, cabbage, and since it's cold and wet outside some nice, warm, chicken and dumplings.

DSC_0002 (2).JPG

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Wasn’t feeling traditional. Had Fritos topped with beef and kidney beans, cheese, onions, lettuce, tomato, and lots of salsa

Top Bottom