What's new

What is better than Castle Forbes

Which shaving cream or soap would you rate better than Castle forbes purely based on the performance and not the scent or the price tag.

IMO, the only cream I've ever used that is the equal,or maybe slightly better,in terms of overall performance, is the Italian cream,XPEC(unscented version). Both are expensive but absolutely unmatched by any other creams on the market. Superlative creams !

Craig

This hobby is so subjective. Of all the products i have tried, CF might be in my bottom three. Maybe i need to revisit it. So for me, my answer would be just about anything. Musgo, Al's, Fitjar,etc.

Not sure but this morning I mixed a dab of CF Lavender with a dab of RR-XXXt, whipped it up in a bowl, and the combination created the finest lather I have ever used.

I was just goofing around trying something,

This hobby is so subjective. Of all the products i have tried, CF might be in my bottom three. Maybe i need to revisit it. So for me, my answer would be just about anything. Musgo, Al's, Fitjar,etc.

+1. There are a bunch of creams that I prefer to CF. Not that CF isn't good but it is not my favorite. Keep trying and you will find what works well for you.

I had CF lime & lavender. They were ok, but I didn't replace them when done. I tried a lot of creams the first couple of years. My favorite (and only) creams these days are GFT Coconut and T&H.

Al's, Tabula Rasa, XPEC, Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet, and a new one called Knockout Shave Cream (fantastic!).

I Just tried Nancy Boy Replenishing Shave Cream that they sent me as a sample it gave me the best lather ever and even though I had not shaved in a week it felt like I was just wiping the cream off my face.

The feed back from you guys has been really fantastic. How good it is or not, i have already placed the order of CF lavender cream. Need to see how it works on my beard :).

I have the lime & lavender. I cant get a lather out of the lime although the lavender works fine. I think its a very overrated product. They are many more soap out there that are far superior and yes I put it in the soap category.

I need to try some Pen's BB cream. It seems the top 3 creams are always a tussle between CF, XPec, and Pen's

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I was going to answer sex, but then I saw you were looking for another cream.

I have tried most of the creams under $40 and have found none better than Castle Forbes Lavender.

Ultimate Comfort and Simpsons are very nice. Some cheaper creams are a good value for the $, but in a different class.

Cf Lavender is really good! However, I rate Razorock S. Maria cream certainly as good if not better.
I think the post shave feel of the Razorock is a touch better, e.g. it feels more moisturizing.

IMHO, Geo F. Trumper's Coconut is better than CF Lavender. I have both, and I think the lather I get from GFT Coconut is thicker and provides a lot more glide (dries out a bit quicker though, but I just add water and problem solved!). Plus, it leaves the skin so much hydrated compared to CF Lavender.

I also love XPEC, which in my opinion performs better than CF Lavender, but still is not as good as GFT Coconut.

I had CF lime & lavender. They were ok, but I didn't replace them when done. I tried a lot of creams the first couple of years. My favorite (and only) creams these days are GFT Coconut and T&H.
Never tried CF's yet, but this is fairly close to how I feel. I love my GFT Coconut and T&H creams the best!

Top Bottom