What's new

What is a good replacement for the plastic WS razor?

Sorry to kind of spin this off of my other recent thread about this razor but that one has died now I think and the topic has changed a bit!

Basically... after learning that WS have discontinued that razor, I am keen to find something to replace it as my go-to!

Really the thing I liked most about it was how well it shielded your fingers from the blade. It meant that after using it for 12 years I only accidentally cut myself I think ONCE and I was being so so careless with it at the time so it was completely my fault!

It covers not only the overhang of the blade but also the extreme edges of the cutting part of it too.

I was just wondering what other safety razors out there are similar in this regard.

Thanks all!

Lea and Epsilon continue to sell a (nearly?) identical model. The head is the same the handle looks a tiny bit different.
Don't know about the Epsilon as I have never seen it. The LEA is absolutely identical. No diference in the handle. I don't think the LEA is as easily available in the last year as it was previously. Most probably after Treet stopped making it with their own branding it has been phased out whatever the brand.

Don't know about the Epsilon as I have never seen it. The LEA is absolutely identical. No diference in the handle. I don't think the LEA is as easily available in the last year as it was previously. Most probably after Treet stopped making it with their own branding it has been phased out whatever the brand.
The knob on the Epsilon looks a little bit different imo.

232D1397-B446-4DCC-BF2E-7BAA07A83706.jpeg

They are still available in some stores in my country too. But 2 years ago they used to be everywhere. Now not that ubiquitous.

I would recommend the Feather Popular, an inexpensive TTO razor made in Japan. It is mild but efficient although it does have a slight overhang with the "blunt" edges of the blade. And the Baili BD176, also sold as the Razorock DE1, which is a very mild and cheap but well made three piece razor that completely encases the blade.

The Feather Popular is a plastic and metal razor whereas the Baili is all metal.

Hm, I actually don't see it listed on either of their websites so maybe they all came from the same place, lol

Some big factory somewhere churning out identical black plastic safety razors and then all the companies just slapped their logo on them, maybe!

Hm, I actually don't see it listed on either of their websites so maybe they all came from the same place, lol

Some big factory somewhere churning out identical black plastic safety razors and then all the companies just slapped their logo on them, maybe!
Not all were 100% identical. The Wilkinson cap has their logo in the mold.

Top Bottom