What's new

What is a "Free Week"

SOTD will often have theme weeks like Italian theme, or vintage theme. Free weeks are the regular weeks without a specific theme is all

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Free weeks is something I gave up 26 years ago.
1598482598050.png

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The idea of creating a theme for every week in the SOTD was mine. When, many years ago, I started my Stewardship in the SOTD forum, I thought it was a nice one. Generally, I created a specific theme for the first 3 weeks of the month (BLACK & WHITE shots, ITALY, USA, VINTAGE, MODERN, etc. etc...) and left the last week as a FREE WEEK for our members to post any photo they desired, without following any scheme or pattern.

I also created a "MAGNIFICENT 7" poll, where every week 7 among the best shots were voted by our members.

We all had a lot of fun in those days!

The idea of creating a theme for every week in the SOTD was mine. When, many years ago, I started my Stewardship in the SOTD forum, I thought it was a nice one. Generally, I created a specific theme for the first 3 weeks of the month (BLACK & WHITE shots, ITALY, USA, VINTAGE, MODERN, etc. etc...) and left the last week as a FREE WEEK for our members to post any photo they desired, without following any scheme or pattern.

I also created a "MAGNIFICENT 7" poll, where every week 7 among the best shots were voted by our members.

We all had a lot of fun in those days!
Marco,

Thanks for that background information. Not being aware of its history one can understand why “free” week had me so confused. 🤷‍♂️

Cheers and stay well
Dennis (aka Ike)

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco,

Thanks for that background information. Not being aware of its history one can understand why “free” week had me so confused. 🤷‍♂️

Cheers and stay well
Dennis (aka Ike)

At your disposal, Dennis. :)

Top Bottom