What's new

What is a croap?

If it is consistency of Proraso green, it's a croap. Harder = soap, softer = cream. That's my standard at least.

If you can dip the brush tips to load, it's clearly a cream. Some creams dry out and require a very light loading, but you aren't building a proto-lather or anything.

Everything else is a soap, just different levels of softness. Some are harder, like Pre de Provence. Some are softer, like Cella. If you can EASILY mold it, it's a croap to me.

Okay, but . . . I have some TOBS flavors that are quite obviously creams, while others are quite a bit harder. (You scoop out a solid chunk to load your brush with in a bowl.)

It's just my own preference, but I usually call hard soaps "soaps" while soaps like Cella and Proraso are "Italian soft soaps." I suppose that makes soaps like Strop Shoppe, Maggard's, and Soap Commander "Italian-style soft soaps."

In the end, of course, we're all arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. :lol:

I only define soap and cream. If it's not a cream, it's a soap.

I agree, it should not be called croaps. Most of the Artisans i have gone thru are soft soaps, not hard tripple milled soaps such as MWF, DRH, C&S etc. If the Artisan soft soaps are called soap, why is Xpec, AdP , SMN in the creme section ?

Okay, but . . . I have some TOBS flavors that are quite obviously creams, while others are quite a bit harder. (You scoop out a solid chunk to load your brush with in a bowl.)

It's just my own preference, but I usually call hard soaps "soaps" while soaps like Cella and Proraso are "Italian soft soaps." I suppose that makes soaps like Strop Shoppe, Maggard's, and Soap Commander "Italian-style soft soaps."

In the end, of course, we're all arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. :lol:

I'm right there with you! I have two TOBS jars one is more solid one is very soft.

Maybe what they are supposed to be :)

Top Bottom