What's new

What I found at TJ Maxx Today

No you weren't. It was sarcasm due to being corrected as you prior statement was erroneous. Then you tried to save face. :rolleyes:

I use sarcasm jokingly. Very difficult to accurately perceive tone through text. I have no reason to 'save face' because: 1. I admit that it was incorrect information that I provided. 2. The relevancy of the specific topic in question (who the parent company of Burlington coat factory is) has nothing to do with the topic of the thread as regardless of who owns them, they still sell these products. 3. This is an internet forum full of strangers so I could care less one's opinion on my intelligence, nor their assumption of my meaning/tone, especially when taking into account the subject matter. I moved on from that brief interchange and was hoping everyone else would as well.

Back on topic: I'm heading back up to my local stores today to see what they have in stock after about a week. If I find anything good I'll report back.

My findings at Burlington
20190614_105041.jpg

I have to try and see what my local TJ Maxx has, I haven't ever seen anything there for Proraso, but I guess that is the Lure of TJ Maxx. For the same price I can always buy online and just wait for it to show up, so to me it's a horse apiece, I'm not keen on driving all over god's green earth for shave soap.

Awesome! I haven't seen any thayers yet. Mind if I ask what they charged for a bottle? I want to say they are somewhere between $9-$11 at my local target but I haven't been there in long enough to remember for sure.
$6 per bottle, actually there is no much difference if you order online.

$6 per bottle, actually there is no much difference if you order online.

Thanks for the info. I'm a bigger fan of store brand, plain Dickinsons, or Dickinson's toners just simply due to my aversion to glycerin. However, my wife is a fan of their products as she uses them for mixtures in different hair and face treatments.

Had to stop by TJ Maxx today so I figured I check to see if I'd have any luck finding any shaving supplies. The Men's shaving section has nothing, but I figured I'd check where the more feminine creams and beauty supplies were located.
20190614_185403.jpg

The Green tub was just on the shelf next to the face creams, and the red tube was stuck in the middle of a bunch of toothpaste. So the take away here is that you may need to put in some time looking for these products because they don't really know what they are it where they should be located.

I may be checking out the Marshalls next!

Got a can of proraso foam today in the now discontinued barber size 400ml can for only $5.99. I know canned products don't get a lot of love around here but I'm a fan and proraso makes the best one I've used.

Had to stop by TJ Maxx today so I figured I check to see if I'd have any luck finding any shaving supplies. The Men's shaving section has nothing, but I figured I'd check where the more feminine creams and beauty supplies were located.
View attachment 990590

The Green tub was just on the shelf next to the face creams, and the red tube was stuck in the middle of a bunch of toothpaste. So the take away here is that you may need to put in some time looking for these products because they don't really know what they are it where they should be located.

I may be checking out the Marshalls next!

If you go to Marshalls, I found the Proraso tubs in the men’s underwear section. Also found a cheaply made DE razor there. Used to find the tubs where the cologne is located but I guess it depends on who puts it out.

Speaking of cologne, I saw a box of Aramis and when I picked it up, it was empty. Who lifts cologne out of the box at Marshalls? Jerks.

I am resisting searching for these Proraso products. When I first found this site, I grabbed a couple tubes of Proraso and C.O. Bigelow. I still have some old logo Proraso left. As much as I’d like to try these new tubes and tubs, I know Proraso will be there when I finish my twenty years of accumulated soaps and creams.

I’ll post photos when I succumb.

I am resisting searching for these Proraso products. When I first found this site, I grabbed a couple tubes of Proraso and C.O. Bigelow. I still have some old logo Proraso left. As much as I’d like to try these new tubes and tubs, I know Proraso will be there when I finish my twenty years of accumulated soaps and creams.

I’ll post photos when I succumb.

I love all things Taylor of Old Bond Street and Proraso for that barbershop scent, that is my weakness. Sure, there are better soaps and creams but they really nail it for me with their scents. Not the best, but I’ve never had a bad shave using them. I get the best slickness out of the Maca Root Body Shop cream, shame it has no scent. That stuff is crazy slick. Once I mixed Proraso Red cream with the Maca Root, it was amazing.

Right after getting the Proraso, I went for Maca Root! I have none of that left. Really enjoyed the scent and performance.

I actually found shaving stuff at tj Maxx. I know the performance of the cream isn't all that great. I figure if I add a drop of two of glycerin it will be good. I've never seen the aftershave. But I like it's a lotion. Should be great for razor burn. And the soap never seen or used. But 3 bars for 5.99

Attachments

• 20190614_203751.jpg
    20190614_203751.jpg
    823.9 KB · Views: 28
Quite a haul today:

Marshall’s:
Bought:
proraso green splash
C&e west Indian lime creamx2
Other stuff there:
Proraso styptic
Proraso blue balm
Proraso white balm

Burlington:
Bought:
Proraso green foam
Proraso green cream
Proraso blue cream
Proraso red cream
Proraso white cream
Proraso green pre/post
Proraso white pre/post

Other stuff there:
Pinaud shave cream
Chinese razors
Proraso red foam

Great Sunday out with my son!!

The reality is that I probably only have about 20 years left on this earth… 25 at best. Another reality is that I already have more than enough shave soap/cream to get me through that time period. None the less… when this very page reported to me that the Albuquerque Burlington Coat had Proraso at a good price... I was compelled to respond.

Maybe a Shave soap/cream PIF this fall.

2019_Jul_01_8048_LR.jpg

Top Bottom