What's new

What I found at TJ Maxx Today

Today I was at Tj Max doing some shopping ended up checking out the personal care area ended up finding these three soaps ended up getting them was to good to pass up at 4.99 ech I already have c.o Bigelow in my rotation with Williams soap and nevia shaving stick I was wondering how the cream compares to the soap in performance?
Also found the white aftershave at Marshall's but didn't pic up due to having enough aftershave
proxy.php
Expect similar performance between soap and cream when lathered properly. Meaning the soap and cream have slightly different ratios of water to product but when dialed in perform basically the same. I swear the soap is slightly more 'fluffy' where as the cream is slightly more 'creamy' but that could just be placebo and doesn't change their performance.

Expect similar performance between soap and cream when lathered properly. Meaning the soap and cream have slightly different ratios of water to product but when dialed in perform basically the same. I swear the soap is slightly more 'fluffy' where as the cream is slightly more 'creamy' but that could just be placebo and doesn't change their performance.
Thanks is it worth keeping? And I don't think I've used it before maybe years ago once I had larger tub of it how long does it typically last

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Thanks is it worth keeping? And I don't think I've used it before maybe years ago once I had larger tub of it how long does it typically last

If you like to keep a big rotation around, keep them all. In all honesty... I would use each one for a shave or two to see which I liked the best and trade the others. I use green in the summer months and white most of the rest of the year. As far as the life expectancy of a tub, assume 3-6 months depending on your method and frequency of lather. At the end of the day, I really prefer their creams. Not to say their soaps are difficult to lather by any means but the creams are especially effortless.

Burlington near me has two Merkur 34C razors for $29.99 each.

I went back today to stock up on Proraso. I now have a new tub of White, plus a tube each of Green, Red and Blue. Can't go wrong at $4.99 each!

I cannot find the proraso white aftershave balm. It's great when I turn my face to hamburger since it doesn't turn me into Macaulay Culkin.

When I have money I may have to have someone find some for me at one of these stores and have them buy it for me. I have less than half a bottle left so trying to use as little as possible.

Was at BCF near my house tonight. Hoping to find the AS splash in any scent. No luck, but they had two each of the green and white creams and one red cream. Already have one of the green barely used, so I bought the red.

Going to try a couple other stores in the area to see if I can come up with a green or red splash. If I scare up a white balm I'll pick that up for the poster above.

The red cream smells so good. I really love it. Definitely gonna get a few more tubes of red when I can. For 5 bucks proraso creams are great value in my eyes. I also gotta keep an eye out for the aftershaves.

Out of curiosity has anyone used the proraso can cream. Was thinking might be good to get for my girl if it's better than barbasol can cream.

The red cream smells so good. I really love it. Definitely gonna get a few more tubes of red when I can. For 5 bucks proraso creams are great value in my eyes. I also gotta keep an eye out for the aftershaves.

Out of curiosity has anyone used the proraso can cream. Was thinking might be good to get for my girl if it's better than barbasol can cream.
Ran across the cream tonight at tj max but decided not to get it since yesterday I got 3 soaps plus have c.o Bigelow in tube and did find the aftershave at Marshall's the white aftershave balm but got to many aftershaves

That's what I'm really wanting to find in the stores is the white as balm. I would like to get red as splash but more so another bottle or two of the white since I can use it even when my face feels like hamburger meat.

I have used it a ton. It does perform better then barbasol but $10 (average) for the current 300ml size is not worth it vs $2 (average) for barbasol, it's really not that much better. However! The 400ml barber size cans that the above stores have for $4.99 is very worth it. That can just never seems to run out. I had on going for over a year when I typically get 2-3 months from a barbasol can.

That's what I'm really wanting to find in the stores is the white as balm. I would like to get red as splash but more so another bottle or two of the white since I can use it even when my face feels like hamburger meat.

I never see the balms around here but even if I did it honestly would be cheaper for you to just buy it online. It would be $8 in store and would cost $3-$5 to ship it... You are already over the price of a new bottle from any reputable online supplier. If you use Amazon it free shipping and if you use an independent shops just add more stuff to hit their minimum. These are great prices on these products in these stores but to include a shipping cost throws that savings out the window.

Oh, forgot to say, my wife works a part time summer job at Home Goods (TJ Maxx family) so I get a 20% family members discount on top of these prices. I didn't have my discount card with me last time I went in.

I picked up all of this for under $20 at Marshalls. I really like the bath soap. The cream is serviceable with a nice scent. It lathered easily but wasn't very slick but it offered decent protection. The balm was better, slightly greasy but not too bad. It had a great scent with decent hydration. I'll probably set aside the soap and balm for travel but I'm keeping my eyes open for more of the bath soap.
proxy.php

Gotcha. I may pick up a can of the red cream next time I have money and see it for my girl since she said she loves the scent of the red.

That's cool you get a discount at TJ Maxx. They have lots of nice things other than shaving stuff.

I have both a Marshalls and a Burlington Coat in the same plaza about a mile from my house. It’s never occurred to me to look for shaving products there, but after seeing this thread I ran by there today to see what I could find. Sure enough, I left with the following great haul:

BCF:
Proraso red cream tube
Proraso blue cream tube
Proraso green pre-shave cream (I already have this and love it, so good to pick up a spare)
Dove Men Post Shave Balm

Marshalls:
Proraso white soap tub
Proraso styptic gel
Art of Shaving Vetiver Citron Cologne (for only $12.99....it is $60 at full retail!)

I felt like I hit the jackpot. Big thanks to this Forum for the great tip....just one of many!

My wife explained their business model is buying warehouse/factory leftovers for cheap and spreading them around in mixed lots to different stores until it sells. That would explain why everything I've seen is the last gen packaging and labeling. Regardless, great product and great prices and the more of this stuff we buy the more they will bring in.

Had my mom explain that to me the other day I had forgot she works at Marshall's part time thinking about picking up the red creme in the tube

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I picked up all of this for under $20 at Marshalls. I really like the bath soap. The cream is serviceable with a nice scent. It lathered easily but wasn't very slick but it offered decent protection. The balm was better, slightly greasy but not too bad. It had a great scent with decent hydration. I'll probably set aside the soap and balm for travel but I'm keeping my eyes open for more of the bath soap.
proxy.php
How did you like the smell?

Top Bottom