What's new

What I finally learned after over a year of wetshaving

DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE FAT!

So I've been wet shaving for over a year and been apart of this lovely forum the whole time. And while reading all the posts during that time I constantly read a lot of reviews that MWF wasn't worth the hassle. And the few praises where there as well.

Well last Friday I finally ordered the fat and used it tonight. I used my Stirling synthetic and soaked the puck and was expecting the worst. Wow that lather was quick, painless, and easy. So slick, so refreshing, and all around a superb product.

So if you are on the fence about the fat... Buy it! It's amazing and if you are one of the unlucky ones I'm deeply sorry because right now the fat is on top of my list. It beats out everything I've tried from cheapies like arko and the most expensive like mdc. This soap can not be beat.

I plan on getting some of the Fat this winter, and its nice to hear some positive lather reviews on here! Being a newb, I was really nervous about ordering it when I started in July, and on a whim, I decided to cancel my order of MWF. It is definitely on my "must try" list!

MWF is great. I've never been able to understand the negatives.... except... I recall my first half dozen uses, I did not end up thinking it was great. I have no idea why. Until I found a few artisans that were better, I viewed MWF is the standard by which all shave soaps should be judged.

I've always had a great experience with the Fat. It's at the top of my list for soaps. Granted there are other great soaps, but there's just something about the Fat.

Great soap, MWF. Never really had the issues building lather that other folks seem to have, just takes me a little longer to build lather.

I guess the thing I appreciate most about the Fat is how soft and "conditioned" it leaves my face. Doesn't dry out my skin which is great because my two favorite aftershaves, Fine American Blend and Fine Platinum, are both alcohol-based.

Like many others I have read numerous posts regarding the difficulties making MWF lather properly. I'm one of the lucky ones to have relatively soft water. I have never had a problem with it generating mounds of lather even with a new boar brush that's not broken in. You just can't beat that post shave feel.

I use distilled water to bloom the fat and soak my brush. I get great lathers with MWF. Mikes Naturals and MWF are tops in my den!
Two legends!!

Top Bottom