What's new

What I Bought Monday 9/12 - Sunday 9/18

Let's give this subject a test run to see if it is worthy....

I had to restrain myself this week, since I am on thin ice with internet spending lately. I did manage to order the following:

Taylor's Sandalwood cologne from The Gentleman's Shop

Some stuff from Em's place, including some after shave splash (Lime Citrus), and some moisturizer (cucumber lotion, "Balancing" Jojoba cream).

A bunch of tea from my favorite vendor, SpecialTeas, including some dynamite Bai Hao Oolong, Sikkim Temi, and a bunch of green teas (I have tried them all).

What did you guys pop for? Ron, I know you dropped a bundle at TGS.... :wink:

"my wife" picked up a couple of items from an estate sale....

Schick golden 500 injector
Gillette Gold Aristrocrat non adustable razor

both in the box....

I think I will keep one of the three....

mark tssb

Atkinsons English Lavender

Brush/razor stand, Minty Menthol and Bay Rum Soothing Balm from Em

Taylors Colognes...Mr. Taylor, St. James, Sandlewood, T & H 1805 EDT and T & H Classic Balm from TGS.

This week, so far, I purchased a bunch of EO products from marshalls and tj max, a tall shaving brush from the gentleman's shop, and i received my BB gift certificate prize materials from QED, a Special 218 Tub and a grapefruit and peppermint stick.

The week before i received some green clay and hydrosol from rosemountain, and a slantbar from lees razors. I think i have this SCAD thing on the run as i purchased just a few minor items in August.

Oh, the steelers won and the ravens lost. woohoo! :smile: Which means i won some cash, that i spent on bourbon.

This is actually embarrassing:
GS:
Taylors St James Cologne, Aftershave Balm, Deodorant
Taylors Mr. Taylor Shave Cream, Cologne, After Shave Balm, Deodorant
Taylors Sandalwood Cologne, Aftershave Balm, Deodorant
DR Harris Arlington Shave Soap in a Bowl, Aftershave Milk, Cologne
QED:
QEDman Shavestick Pine & Cedarwood
Proraso Eucalyptus shaving soap in bowl
Proraso After shave soothing lotion
QEDman DaVinci Water
Crusellas Tobacco Cologne
2 10-packs Merkur Super Platinum
Classic:
Eton College Cologne, Aftershave, Deodorant
2 10-packs Feather High Stainless Platinum :blushing:

Ron, simply a stunning effort. Well done. Please report on the St James products. I think its an underappreciated scent.

Btw, did you find the L'O Vetyver in a store or did you purchase it online via the the L'O website?

Ron is a hard act to follow, but so be it.
full

So far this week, I have received my Barber's Pet #421 and a tub of The Body Shop Shaving Cream. More to follow!

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
slaneyg said:
Ron, simply a stunning effort. Well done. Please report on the St James products. I think its an underappreciated scent.

Btw, did you find the L'O Vetyver in a store or did you purchase it online via the the L'O website?

Greetings!
I have a little shopping bug that keeps an open eye and sends me PMs all of the time saying such things as, "Check this URL!", or "Wow! What a bargain on...", or "Omigosh! ebay has ..."
Well that good old little bug blew in my ear about an ebay auction and a buy it now for L'Occitane Vetiver edT and there you are.
I have had only limited success finding such really splendid products locally.:sad:
It will be my pleasure (I HOPE!) to do a review on the St. James toiletries. I just received a layering selectionof Eton College toiletries and really enjoy them. Great fragrance, great shave, and a superior (environmentally friendly) spray deodorant.

After all this talk of L'Occitane Vetyver, I snagged a bottle on eBay. I have never smelled a vetyver cologne in my life - we shall see. You guys are an evil influence. :redface:

I want to stop - I just don't know how!!

Merkur Progress
Taylor's avocado cream
Taylor's Shaving shop cream
Feather aftershave balm
Trumper's coral skin food
Trumper's sandalwood cream
Trumper's rose cream
Proraso shave cream
PaRaDa nail clippers - can't ignore those nails!

Which brush now.......... :rolleyes:

Jerry

Scotto said:
After all this talk of L'Occitane Vetyver, I snagged a bottle on eBay. I have never smelled a vetyver cologne in my life - we shall see. You guys are an evil influence. :redface:

Vetiver is derived from a grass root, i think. I know that vetiver grass has extremely long roots, they also use it for hill and riverbank erosion prevention. There are some fantastic vetiver scents available. The Guerlain (new and old formulation) is The standard. I have around 5 of them. Guerlain old and new, Carven, L'O, Roger&Gallet and L’Artisan. I really like the L'O. If you dont, let me know, i'll trade you for something :smile:

guenron said:
Greetings!
I have a little shopping bug that keeps an open eye and sends me PMs all of the time saying such things as, "Check this URL!", or "Wow! What a bargain on...", or "Omigosh! ebay has ..."
Well that good old little bug blew in my ear about an ebay auction and a buy it now for L'Occitane Vetiver edT and there you are.
I have had only limited success finding such really splendid products locally.:sad:
It will be my pleasure (I HOPE!) to do a review on the St. James toiletries. I just received a layering selectionof Eton College toiletries and really enjoy them. Great fragrance, great shave, and a superior (environmentally friendly) spray deodorant.

I think you'll enjoy the St. James products. I use both the aftershave and cologne find them very refreshing.

B

barbiere

Ron,

Who is the vendor of Cruselles Tobacco Cologne? I use Creed Tabarome and like it, but I am looking to try alternatives.

Jerry

barbiere said:
Ron,

Who is the vendor of Cruselles Tobacco Cologne? I use Creed Tabarome and like it, but I am looking to try alternatives.

Jerry
Greetings Jerry,
You can find it at QED. Just click on the Crusellas grouping for the full range.

Top Bottom