What's new

What have you people done to me!

I was just starting to be ok with having a minimalist setup, passed off gear I don't use to my stepdad for his use so he can at least try things without wasting money. I decided on a family trip to Springfield yesterday to stop at a shop there that sells all kinds of things like pipes, cigars, fedoras, straight razors, DE razors, brushes, soaps, scuttles, and more. I was thrilled to finally have the chance to sniff some soaps opposed to hope that someone else's translation of a scent was how I would interpret it. I ended up with some of Dr. Jon's Anne Bonny that I just can't stop wanting a whiff of! Somehow I have now decided that I need a different brush and lots more soap(I only have this and Arko Sticks)...... I think I MIGHT MIGHT just MIGHT be able to hang on until after Christmas in hopes that my Bingle buddy(Super awesome secret santa from that super awesome shaving website[in case you haven't heard of Mr. Bingle]) will get me some more stuff that I want lol. Either way I guess my fingers have finally been pried from the ledge and im falling down the hole now......
$cover_hand-on-mountain-ledge_dd.jpg
Thanks in advance for all of your moral support in continuing this addiction, may we all have this problem together!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
We've helped inspire you to do your part (or even more so) to keep the economy working. Bravo, and have fun!

I'm getting the evil eye from the wife so I've got to curtail my acquisition. But doesn't every man need a ceramic AND a copper lather bowl? I think that's somewhere in the constitution.

I'm getting the evil eye from the wife so I've got to curtail my acquisition. But doesn't every man need a ceramic AND a copper lather bowl? I think that's somewhere in the constitution.
I need one that cost more than 79 cents at Target....

+1 We're just waiting a while before we get you into $800 fountain pens and $1,200 shoes. Then comes the upgrade in your whole coffee set up . . .
I hope these "upgrades" come with a newer high paying job or winning Lotto ticket!

I was getting some negativity from a female colleague about my obsession with shaving products, and obviously I realise that it's a woman's job to destroy any enjoyment a man may have whilst pursuing a masculine pastime, but I turned the tables on her when I asked her what she was interested in. The answer was Handbags, loads of them, in every colour and finish. The one on her desk alone was worth hundreds of pounds. (That's even more in dollars). But it didn't escape my notice that just one of her purchases would cost more than I spend on shaving product obsession in two or three years, if not more. So please do not feel guilty about spending your hard earned wages on yourself, because it's 100% sure that a female will be spending far more on herself and her vanity, with no regard for common sense whatsoever!

I believe it is stated clearly on page 49, sub paragraph B, of the Man Book.

Yeah, I'm rather thankful that I don't have to worry too too much about acquiring things since I always have to factor in shipping... Only problem with such is that you then go "okay, so save on shipping costs" and the cart doubles in size, and then I pay the $4.99 for express shipping anyways (instead of upwards of $14.99).

I swear I'm going to be good with things as I have 10 samples on the way, plus a third full sized tub of shaving soap, but at the same time it's tempting to pick up another tub or two that's on sale.... And then there's the brushes (already have two, with a third on the way, but it's so tempting to order that RR MWH brush due to curiosity about a higher end badger brush, and it's "only" $39.99 USD...)

It's a fun rabbit hole though, and in all honesty a single IB order is cheaper than my usual eBay purchases for my biggest hobby (especially with it being Country Cup right now for that hobby >.>;;;)

Top Bottom