• FB05CEA1-5572-487B-9807-C7FF786F8F4F.jpeg
    FB05CEA1-5572-487B-9807-C7FF786F8F4F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 733958FB-230F-4A3D-8FDA-CB0B10451DB3.jpeg
    733958FB-230F-4A3D-8FDA-CB0B10451DB3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Store up these memories in your heart my friend, the time passes so fast.
It sure does - it seems like yesterday my daughter was a baby, then I blinked, and suddenly she was 19, and just finishing her first year studying medicine at University. I don't remember much of her young life because of my drinking but thankfully I have photos and video of those times. But there is no point in dwelling in the past because, as I remind myself often, the past will never get any better but the future certainly can, and it will because of the choice that I make every day to remain in sobriety. I am grateful that my daughter has seen me sober up, and both she and my wife are proud of me for doing so. Sometimes I wonder if they are more proud of me than they would be if I had never had a problem with alcohol at all. In that way perhaps those lost years weren't totally wasted, or perhaps I am kidding myself 👍

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I have a small one to celebrate this month. I just returned from the living hades that is Disney World in August. Between the "real feel" 102 degrees and the humidity that approached a billion, I was happy to get out alive.

But the good news is that my wife promises I will never have to return.

What have I got to celebrate? I'm alive, healthy, have a family that passes muster (most of the time), and can be the mensch I always tried to be in my life to others. Don't always succeed but each day is a brand new opportunity to be better. Now, I could complain but who would listen? (Jewish humor for the 5-6 of you that might get it).

I have a small one to celebrate this month. I just returned from the living hades that is Disney World in August. Between the "real feel" 102 degrees and the humidity that approached a billion, I was happy to get out alive.

But the good news is that my wife promises I will never have to return.
My wife and I had a similar experience a number of years ago. We made the mistake of going to Disney World in late June, and it was one of the worst days we've ever spent. We are just not used to high humidity.
It gets very hot here were we live, but the humidity is low. :redface:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Greetings from Cardiff! Today I celebrate eight years of alcohol free sobriety and also the 21st birthday of my beloved daughter. She is on end of term holiday from studying for a medical degree at the University of Birmingham. She has gone to Venice with her boyfriend, so I suppose I am not her number one man any more. Oh well, that is the natural order of things I suppose, and I would not want it any other way. Here is my shave for today.

20240326_102337~2.jpg

Anyway, what have you got to celebrate?

Top Bottom