What's new

What have you bought this month because you could?

One of the comforting things of this forum is knowing you are not the only one with this mad passion and obsession.
When it caught me, I thought I was getting mad.
I read reviews and started to buy soaps, razors and blades I did not need.
I just could and would not help myself.
And then I found out I am not going mad, at least, not alone.
I thoroughly enjoy your virtual company and the madness that struck many of you.

This thread is dedicated to this passionate obsession.
Especially about buying items you do not need, but purchase, just because you can.

I present to you my contribution: The Roedter 1909

8AF3E261-2EBA-4C4F-9CF4-B7E2551220D6.jpeg
B04EFF2D-91EB-4A54-B6DA-63B8F7812DA2.jpeg
CFF06B06-7D0B-4C8A-9812-60DE9D990EBE.jpeg
041A8312-6C8C-49B3-BAA1-F1F07059D6EB.jpeg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
@Jack Goossen your OP shows a DE razor but I can understand your curiosity in SR's and why you then started this thread in the General SR Talk section.

If you have not already done so, give serious consideration to participating in the gentlemanly art of SR shaving. It is a learning experience that most participants thoroughly enjoy.

You have probably already read about the many benefits in shaving with a SR. As your skills develop, so will your self-confidence, not just in shaving but in all of life's matters.

With B&B, you have the perfect environment to learn, develop and refine your SR shaving skills.

I bought a Friodur 72-V, a Wade & Butcher 7/8 near wedge swayback, and three high-end creams/soaps: Acqua di Parma, Antica Barbieria Colla hard soap, and MdC Agrumes - my first foray into expensive creams/soaps. And I am pumped!

And a 6 x 2 x 1/2 hard translucent Arkansas from Dan's. I may save some of these spoils for Christmas.

@Jack Goossen your OP shows a DE razor but I can understand your curiosity in SR's and why you then started this thread in the General SR Talk section.

If you have not already done so, give serious consideration to participating in the gentlemanly art of SR shaving. It is a learning experience that most participants thoroughly enjoy.

You have probably already read about the many benefits in shaving with a SR. As your skills develop, so will your self-confidence, not just in shaving but in all of life's matters.

With B&B, you have the perfect environment to learn, develop and refine your SR shaving skills.
@rbscebu

A tempting invitation. I'm on a strict regime of 4 weeks of not changing my gear and enjoying my progress in technique though. I think I will try it after that, but only for the beard. What knife would you advise to start with?

I bought a Friodur 72-V, a Wade & Butcher 7/8 near wedge swayback, and three high-end creams/soaps: Acqua di Parma, Antica Barbieria Colla hard soap, and MdC Agrumes - my first foray into expensive creams/soaps. And I am pumped!

And a 6 x 2 x 1/2 hard translucent Arkansas from Dan's. I may save some of these spoils for Christmas.
Respect 😎☝🏽

A fantastic shopping list. You have good taste. I’ll give you that.

Given this month has just started, I haven't purchased anything shaving related.

Last month, however, was a different story. I ended up with the following additional purchases:
1x Heljestrand MK24 in 4/8
1x Heljestrand MK30 in 4/8
1x Heljestrand no numbers 4/8
1x Ingeborg 51 4/8
1x Thomas Turner 6/8
1x Rigarazor 8/8
1x Omega (probably 5/8 not yet arrived)
3x Captain's choice balms.

My credit card has to recover before any more purchases.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Nothing related to shaving or razors, but something for my beer brewing. Last night I did spring for a Tilt hydrometer so I can monitor my beer's temperature and specific gravity continuously in the fermenter without pulling test samples and risking infection or oxygenation of the batch. The TIlt just floats around in the fermenter, broadcasting its data for reception by any paired bluetooth device. Should arrive Friday. Yes, life, and beer, go on without a Tilt hydrometer, but one mustn't live like a savage, n'cest pas? I actually don't check the gravity either before, during, or after fermentation. I know what I got. So that's the only sort of discretionary purchase I have made this month.

But the month is still young.

Top Bottom