What's new

What have you added to an order to get free shipping?

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
This weekend I was ordering a couple of soaps from a website which totalled €43.90 and the shopping cart message told me "Order another €16.10 for free shipping". Shipping normally costs €3.95. I contemplated adding a Stirling soap at €19.95 to make it up, but I have too many soaps already. Eventually I settled on 100 Gillette Platinum blades (I have too many blades already, but only a few of them are Gillette Platinums, am I right). Now I'm wondering what is wrong with me that I'm willing to spend all that extra money just to save €4.
I was wondering do you wait until you need enough stuff to make a shipping free order from a site, do you order only what you need and pay the shipping, or are you willing to shove anything on an order just to get free shipping no matter what the cost. If the latter what is the most expensive thing you have thrown on an order to get free shipping?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have done that a few times.. added things to my cart for the free shipping. A year later, I don't have to do that unless I've run out of something. I've ordered quite a bit from the UK and Europe. There is no way to avoid the shipping costs. You can buy enough products that is cuts down the shipping cost per item, but only if you are in need of things.

Other things from outside of the States... you can complain about the shipping or learn to accept, that is the way it is. You'll have a waiting period as well. I remember ordering from catalogs when I was a kid. You'd never know when they were going to show up. Now, we can check the tracking and watch your package's travel history. It's one of those enjoyable pastimes added to the human experience. <smile> :devil:

Usually the free shipping cut-off is around 50 bucks or so... do people actually order less than that!? :letterk1:
(but in all seriousness, I never even have to think about this with shaving products)

For my last order I found an online discount code that covered the cost of shipping from Spain to the UK which was a win win...... But now I'm thinking I should have ordered more such as a Zenith boar brush and some SV hard soap, just because all of a sudden I find myself wanting to try the SV Felce Aromatica.

Top Bottom