What's new

What Have I Done

Welcome! Where are you in Canada? I'm in YVR.
FYI, Shopper's carries Proraso (at least in Vancouver), London Drugs has a few useful items, and Wal-Mart is upgrading their razor section. I'm a little short cash so I like to smell before I commit.....insert dirty comment(s) here.......sorry moderator........

It's been giving me good shaves and I'm sure my technique is pretty dodgy, so hopefully both the brush and I improve.

trust me the brush will get better like mine did . at the start I thought my omega felt a bit rough but after about the 8-9 shave when the bristles started to get there split ends it felt softer and made a better lather .

You have a nice tech to start with.
most of us will end up with multiple everything. Do not worry to much about it.
saving money uhhhh well compared to carts you can but it is less frustrating to go for your personal super comfy shave.
we All fell for it duh
Have fun enjoy the trip

Welcome! Where are you in Canada? I'm in YVR.
FYI, Shopper's carries Proraso (at least in Vancouver), London Drugs has a few useful items, and Wal-Mart is upgrading their razor section. I'm a little short cash so I like to smell before I commit.....insert dirty comment(s) here.......sorry moderator........
I'm from Ontario, a little outside of Toronto. Good to know I should be able to find good quality stuff locally.

Welcome to B&B!
Thanks man!

trust me the brush will get better like mine did . at the start I thought my omega felt a bit rough but after about the 8-9 shave when the bristles started to get there split ends it felt softer and made a better lather .
Right on, its good to hear its going to get better if I don't manage to destroy it.

You have a nice tech to start with.
most of us will end up with multiple everything. Do not worry to much about it.
saving money uhhhh well compared to carts you can but it is less frustrating to go for your personal super comfy shave.
we All fell for it duh
Have fun enjoy the trip
Thanks buddy, hopefully this is where I put my foot down in the name of frugality but still get a damn nice shave.

Biggest Problem is a lot of us are either going zo Chase the ultimate comfortable bbs when a dfs is enough. And buy stuff until we do when better technique might be better and a lot cheaper
If you are lucky you will find the right Combo and you are satisfied lol

ok and lots of us get the collector vibes in the process

there are lots of tips overhere for affordable hard and software. Have fun.

I'm from Ontario, a little outside of Toronto. Good to know I should be able to find good quality stuff locally.

Thanks man!

Right on, its good to hear its going to get better if I don't manage to destroy it.

Thanks buddy, hopefully this is where I put my foot down in the name of frugality but still get a damn nice shave.

Welcome to B&B. I'm from Barrie. There's a few online Shaving sites in our area. Italian Barber in Vaughn, Fendrihan in Toronto, Classic edge near London and Top of the Chain in Niagara falls, all great sites to explore. Enjoy!

Chase the ultimate comfortable bbs when a dfs is enough
Not sure what DFS means i think bbs is baby butt smooth though right?
I usually just go for 1 pass and a little touchup on my chin and call it a day.

buy stuff until we do when better technique might be better and a lot cheaper
If you are lucky you will find the right Combo and you are satisfied lol
I just bought a little bit of arko.
arkoo.jpg

Might grab some more Derby extra blades and try and stick with those two for a while and build my technique then I can start experimenting.

Welcome to B&B. I'm from Barrie. There's a few online Shaving sites in our area. Italian Barber in Vaughn, Fendrihan in Toronto, Classic edge near London and Top of the Chain in Niagara falls, all great sites to explore. Enjoy!

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the sites I always prefer helping local businesses if I can.

Not sure what DFS means i think bbs is baby butt smooth though right?
I usually just go for 1 pass and a little touchup on my chin and call it a day.

I just bought a little bit of arko.View attachment 1080564

Might grab some more Derby extra blades and try and stick with those two for a while and build my technique then I can start experimenting.

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the sites I always prefer helping local businesses if I can.
Bbs = baby butt shave
Dfs = damn fine shave

Arko for a lifetime and you do not need insect repellent nor toilet mints for a long time in one go (joking aside Arko is dirt cheap for its performance)

Last edited:
Bbs = baby butt shave
Dfs = damn fine shave

Arko for a lifetime and you do not need insect repellent nor toilet mints for a long time in one go (joking aside Arko is dirt cheap for its performance)

Hah, I actually kind of like the smell and the price and performance is great, I think this stuffs a real winner. It smells exactly like what i expected from all the "urinal cake" comments.

Hah, I actually kind of like the smell and the price and performance is great, I think this stuffs a real winner. It smells exactly like what i expected from all the "urinal cake" comments.
If you ever turn the sweet side, check the vitos extra 1kg bricks!
Vergulde hand extra fresh is also bargain territory a bit boring though.
Tabac does not disappoint either
Some people swear for Wilkinson (to do list)
And do not worry on the smell on asian holidays I shave stirling citronella electric sheep which does not only make mosquitoes uncomfortable
;-)

If you ever turn the sweet side, check the vitos extra 1kg bricks!
Vergulde hand extra fresh is also bargain territory a bit boring though.
Tabac does not disappoint either
Some people swear for Wilkinson (to do list)
And do not worry on the smell on asian holidays I shave stirling citronella electric sheep which does not only make mosquitoes uncomfortable
;-)
I don't think i'll be looking at soaps/creams for at least a couple years... I hope so anyways. :blink:

I don't think i'll be looking at soaps/creams for at least a couple years... I hope so anyways. :blink:
Haha, yeah that’s what you think... Tabac is going to get you wondering? Because someone is going to tell you how good Arko is, and they’re correct, but they will also mention tabac is just a little better, and they’re correct again, so you’ll order it... And regret nothing!

Haha, yeah that’s what you think... Tabac is going to get you wondering? Because someone is going to tell you how good Arko is, and they’re correct, but they will also mention tabac is just a little better, and they’re correct again, so you’ll order it... And regret nothing!
That will never happen!

Oh yeah, that free shipping threshold will help get you stocked up even faster. I’m quite guilty of that.

If you’re going to check out proraso, might as well get the gift tins that have the pre shave, cream, and aftershave for white, green and red... 👹😈

Top Bottom