What's new

What Have I Done

tstevie.jpg

Yup, $29ea in amazon. They each have a unique tin design for each scent. They are a pretty good deal. I would recommend the green scent tin first, and if you like the soap, you’ll want to order to aftershave separate, you get the balm in the set. Is a good time of year to get this one. The cooling sensation of the menthol is very refreshing.

In all honestly, going into warm weather, your Arko, and proraso green with get you through until the end of summer. Then maybe if you like the product line of proraso, you might want to check out the red one. Also, you may like a darker scent in a few months as fall and winter approaches.

I already foresee myself switching preferences to products that are fresher and mentholated as spring sets in here in Ohio. Warmer days I’m using products I haven’t tried or haven’t used in a while. I’m hoping there are still enough cool days to come so I can use up my DG massacre of the innocents soap and A/S as it’s a cooler weather scent.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I mean no offense my friend hah. The razor is more than double my age though so I might be a bit biased calling it "old" it certainly is more modern than it is vintage now that I think about it.
Dude, I'm ten years older than that razor, I think.

I mean I know how old I am, I was born in '62. I started shaving my peach fuzz at 12 or 13. And I'm old, so that razor is mighty close to old!

Lol, welcome to the only place where guys sit around talking about shaving more than doing shaving!

Yup, $29ea in amazon. They each have a unique tin design for each scent. They are a pretty good deal. I would recommend the green scent tin first, and if you like the soap, you’ll want to order to aftershave separate, you get the balm in the set. Is a good time of year to get this one. The cooling sensation of the menthol is very refreshing.

In all honestly, going into warm weather, your Arko, and proraso green with get you through until the end of summer. Then maybe if you like the product line of proraso, you might want to check out the red one. Also, you may like a darker scent in a few months as fall and winter approaches.

I already foresee myself switching preferences to products that are fresher and mentholated as spring sets in here in Ohio. Warmer days I’m using products I haven’t tried or haven’t used in a while. I’m hoping there are still enough cool days to come so I can use up my DG massacre of the innocents soap and A/S as it’s a cooler weather scent.

Interesting, I actually got the red proraso preshave that I've used a few times and really like the smell was thinking about grabbing the aftershave/cream.

I think I might have a problem, about two weeks ago I purchased a feather popular razor adamant I wouldn't end up getting a brush or any cream besides my good ol' gillete foam but things happened...

Now I've got a brush some nice cream and feel like trying other soaps/aftershaves and somehow today I just purchased an old Gillette razor.

I got into this to save money on blades but I don't think I have the willpower.
Yes you are absolutely right plan A will not work anymore. Welcome to B&B. You can now go to plan B and you will need to get more shaving stuff as soon as possible 😛

Saving money is just a pitfall.
When we go into web shaving, shaving is turned from a daily ritual, into a hobby. And you know, man spend anything for their hobbies.

I think I might have a problem, about two weeks ago I purchased a feather popular razor adamant I wouldn't end up getting a brush or any cream besides my good ol' gillete foam but things happened...

Now I've got a brush some nice cream and feel like trying other soaps/aftershaves and somehow today I just purchased an old Gillette razor.

I got into this to save money on blades but I don't think I have the willpower.
It only gets worse..... Trust me, I started with the same intentions....... It only gets worse.

You‘ve gotta have some SEs for the mix... let me know what you’re interested in. I have some duplicates i am planning on putting up on BST in a week or so. Also will be putting up some vintage gillette techs and adjustables.

You‘ve gotta have some SEs for the mix... let me know what you’re interested in. I have some duplicates i am planning on putting up on BST in a week or so. Also will be putting up some vintage gillette techs and adjustables.

Such an enabler! I don't plan on grabbing an SE anytime soon but I'm curious why would someone want a SE over a DE razor?

Such an enabler! I don't plan on grabbing an SE anytime soon but I'm curious why would someone want a SE over a DE razor?
I won't be as detailed as others can be, but the shave is different. After all, we all are searching for the perfect shave equipment. The blade is thicker so it doesn't vibrate, lasts longer and normally you can get by with fewer passes. Since this is a hobby, it opens up a whole new field of razors to choose from. There are vintage SE's and new SE's, both shave differently. Personally I have around 30 razors, many vintage some new mixed with DE's and SE's in the collection. I do lean more towards the DE's, but a shave with a SE is a nice change of pace.

^^^agreed. It’s about variety and sometimes you might have a task needing to be done and it’s good to have a tool you find better suited to the task.

Additionally, some a just really cool. I got hooked by a Gem G-Bar. But then you need to try the micromatics, and some of these you’ll like and others not..

I love the razor's I got right now and two seems like a good number for me cause at least I have a backup. This might be a way for me to justify getting a 3rd razor once all this corona madness goes away.

I love the razor's I got right now and two seems like a good number for me cause at least I have a backup. This might be a way for me to justify getting a 3rd razor once all this corona madness goes away.
The nice thing about most of the vintage Gem razors is that they are less sought after and really well built, so there are a good number out there for a good price. Once you hold a micromatic and feel the quality of the build it’s actually hard to believe how old it is and how well made.

I have a pretty decent collection of 10 representing all the major versions offered. They shave a little more aggressive than most of my DEs but if I have 4 or more days of growth, they do the trick and are a nice break from the norm.

Top Bottom