What's new

What has happened to the edit bar in reply posts?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
When I go to reply to a post I now find that the edit bar at the top of the reply window has changed. It now looks like this:

IMG_20210930_104112.jpg

How do I now make text Bold, Italic, etc.?

Edit: Forget it. Looks like it has fixed itself.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Is the edit function not at the bottom of your the post, next to the report button?
I believe there's a 15 minute time limit to edit.

To open the other options on the top header, tap on the three dots to expand.

Capture.JPG

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
When I go to reply to a post I now find that the edit bar at the top of the reply window has changed. It now looks like this:

View attachment 1336962

When the full edit toolbar won't fit in the window you are in (desktop or mobile device) the toolbar resizes itself, with other options in the three vertical dots. Clicking those 3 vertical dots will expand the toolbar down and show the tools that have been hidden due to inadequate space.
Window sized too small for full tool bar
Image1.png

Collapsed Tool bar after clicking three vertical dots
Image2.png

Full size Window = Full sized toolbar

Image3.png

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

View attachment 1336962

Also, on the right of the toolbar is the Toggle BB Code switch. It Looks like:
Image4.png

If BB Code is "on", the toolbar will be grayed out.
If your toolbar is grayed out, click the BB Code switch to turn off BB Code and your tools will become functional again.

View attachment 1336962

It’s only partially fixed. You still have to click on the ellipse to see the additional items that used to just display without any additional effort on the user’s part.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
It’s only partially fixed. You still have to click on the ellipse to see the additional items that used to just display without any additional effort on the user’s part.
Thanks. I had already worked that out. All is good (for) now.

AAAahhh... enlightenment dawns.:thumbup:.

I was about to ask about greyed-out toolbars (eyeing my obsolete browser), but I must have clicked the [] button last thing, when I was looking at Wiki stuff last night.

UI design, eh? You just can't win. Thanks for having a thread that made my question unnecessary!

Top Bottom