What's new

What happened to Shaving Essentials?

I've been out of the loop a while. But I have gone looking for him several times over the past few months with no luck - just what looks like a placeholder web site. A quick B&B search doesn't turn up much. What happened?

As I understand it, he went out of business, and in the processed scammed quite a few customer's out of their money. It seemed really out of character for him; he is of course no longer a member here.

I find that nearly impossible to believe. Not that I don't believe you! :). But it's so counter to my experience. He was always a complete gentleman with me and gave me far, far more than value for money. This is sad indeed.

Thank you for the reply. I guess it's time for the black armband.

HEY! I'm styptic addicted! :p

Yeah this seems out of character for shaving essentials. It just seems odd that he would close shop and keep a bunch of peoples money. It is a crazy world so I guess anything can happen. I just wish we had an explanation.

I can't speak for John directly, but as I understand it he got burnt out and has yet to recover. Too bad too. Shaving Essentials was a top-tier vendor who earned their good reputation by dint of hard work rather than their names.

Top Bottom