What's new

What happened to Ruds Shaves?

Does anyone have any idea what happened to Ruds Shaves? I see he hasn't uploaded in over four months on YouTube or Reddit. I noticed that his Instagram account was deleted as well.

I don't want to start any drama, I'm just hoping that he's OK!

I noticed his absence on youtube as well, I was not aware of his instagram however.

Guess he's just busy with life is my guess.

Probably like most wetshaving Youtubers, you run out of new stuff to do a review of after a while. It seems like most of the more well known Youtube wet shavers have really slowed down in posting videos.
Kensurfs, PaulH, NickShaves; they all seem to not post like they used to.

Probably like most wetshaving Youtubers, you run out of new stuff to do a review of after a while. It seems like most of the more well known Youtube wet shavers have really slowed down in posting videos.
Kensurfs, PaulH, NickShaves; they all seem to not post like they used to.

I feel he may be taking a break.

There was no shortage of vendors sending him stuff to test/review.

The last video posted by Jason Rudman on the Ruds Shaves channel was Nov. 29, 2020. The next to last soap evaluated by Ruds was Ariana and Evans Kaisen 2. It received a shave score of 105 which Jason admitted "broke his scoring system".

Now that Peter of A&E has released a new tweak on the Kaisen 2 formulation containing EMU oil, it is possible we might see another Ruds soap evaluation. I have not yet tried it. The only soap I have tried that I believe competes with Kaisen 2 is Grooming Dept Mallard, but that soap had a limited release last Valentine's Day through West Coast Shaving. It sold out quickly. The release of other Mallard soaps has been delayed and is now scheduled for mid-October. I would love to see reviews of Kaisen 2 with Emu oil and Mallard. There are a lot of excellent soapmakers, but in my opinion, Peter of Ariana and Evans and Mohammad of Grooming Dept are the two best soapmakers on the planet. Kaisen 2 and Mallard are both phenomenal soaps. One day I may try Kaisen 2 with Emu.

Top Bottom