What's new

What Happened to Rooney?

Coming back to the hobby after a few years off and I find out that my favorite brush company is kind of maybe gone? I see lots of stuff like this:

Rooney made some great brushes, it's a shame what the company has been reduced to.

But I can't find any definitive info. What happened? I'm kind of heartbroken about it.

I don't know what happened, but it's too bad they are no longer an option. They were great brushes and were one of the most recommended in 2009 when I joined this site. I still have 3 Rooney silvertips, a 3/1 coral (2009), a 1/1 (2012) and one of the last T&H (Rooney) 1/2 (early 2013). I've sold or given away quite a few brushes since 2009, but my 3 Rooneys are still in use.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
As far as anyone knows, Rooney was un-incorporated. Lee Sabini seems to still own the name, and supposedly still makes a few brushes as Rooneys. Same thing holds for M&F

Sadly, he passed away in 2014.

proxy.php

If you do a search you will still find them for sale. One site that sells them is Lee's razors. WCS has a travel brush by Rooney and classic shaving has a few.

They are listed, but I don't think any Rooneys they list are available online. Maybe at the store in Pasadena

I thought the same thing, but noticed a banner on the opening page to click for online items and all the Rooney brushes seem to be available at a nice sale price.

Wow - just saw this! I have a Rooney 1/2 (I think? can't remember). Really nice brush. It sits in the closet as I have been a Semogue 830 user for years now; 5+ years. Got it from Vintage Blades (no longer owned by Jim; what ever happened to him??)

Top Bottom