What's new

What Happened to My MWF Puck?

I was about to use an old puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap that I keep in an Old Spice mug, and noticed that the puck's surface had changed. What happened to it? Can soaps start to rot?

proxy.php

I was about to use an old puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap that I keep in an Old Spice mug, and noticed that the puck's surface had changed. What happened to it? Can soaps start to rot?

proxy.php
I've never had that happen to my 8 year old puck of MWF. It's still white, it has cracked though due to it drying and not being used daily. Are you sure thats a puck of MWF?.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

OldSaw

The wife's investment
How did you get it into that little mug? Did you grate it and pack it in? Maybe something else got mixed in with it, like another soap or some vegetable residue.

If it still smells ok, try a palm lather to determine whether to continue using it or not. It may be lanolin thats separated and risen to the top like the oil in natural peanut butter does. Did you by chance ever microwave it?

I have never seen MWF look like that, mine just cracks and shrinks a little. I agree with some of the others that is looks like my Cella that went bad.

I've never had that happen to my 8 year old puck of MWF. It's still white, it has cracked though due to it drying and not being used daily. Are you sure thats a puck of MWF?.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk
It's a few years old, so maybe I might be wrong, but I could swear that it was MWF that I put in there. [emoji848] If not, then my next best guess would be a Stirling shave soap.

Top Bottom