What's new

What happened to Kiss My Face?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Skip the 4 in 1. I bought a tube of it, used it a couple times and tossed it.

Thanks! I've gotten duds too, you took one for the team.

The vintage KMF, seems like equal amount water and the stuff does it.

Wish the lime KMF would get here. Avon Island Lime aftershave should go very well.

AA

I’ve used the tube of KMF Key Lime. Enjoyed the scent, although a touch artificial smelling. The lather performance was pedestrian; a bit airy and fair slickness, but back in the day I was a bit stingy with creams. Curious to see how you like it!

Last edited:
I’ve used the tube of KMF Key Lime. Enjoyed the scent, although a touch artificial smelling. The lather performance was pedestrian; a bit airy and fair slickness, but back in the day I was a bit stingy with creams. Curious to see how you like it!
KMF claims there are no artificial fragrances...Slickness is good using a brush, sufficient cream and the right water ratio...

Ingredients
Water, Myristic Acid, Vegetable Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Allantoin, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Arnica Montana (Arnica) Flower Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal) Root Extract, Equisetum Hyemale (Horsetail) Extract, Alchemilla Vulgaris (Lady’s Mantle) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Extract, Saponaria Officinalis (Soapwort) Root Extract, Nasturtium Officinalis (Watercress) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Leaf Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose​

I found my first post on KMF. Nov 2010. On the forum for less than a year. I wonder how I would perceive performance now. I'm sure I used a brush - a medium EJ Best Badger from Crabtree & Evelyn!

I am sad to see the patchouli KMF is no longer around. A 3:1 blend of lavender and patchouli was heaven.

I also like blending the lime and mint. Mojito shave. Throw on some Guerlain Homme afterward. Greatness.

Ad Astra

The Instigator

The KMF Key Lime just arrived. Because I'm impatient/a loon, couldn't wait until tomorrow.

A tiny squirt, and water/wet brush into the Timeless bowl.

I'm convinced this is a great, though discontinued product. When the water ratio is right, it goes an insanely long way.

Both this and the lavender smell great. This bottle was made, or expires, May 2019. Fine with that. Did not smell artificial (like Pinaud Lime Sec) to me.

Since I got the lavender for $7, was happy to splurge $12 for this, so. Two for $19, at 11 oz. each. Nice deal.

Fun for those days when you don't need soap drama, just a shave. Yeah, looking at you, MWF!

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ok, KMF lime, in combination with Avon Island Lime aftershave, is as good as it gets on a hot afternoon shave!

At under $1/ounce, KMF continues to impress.

AA

I have 2-3 tubes of KMF Lime I bought years ago. There are better creams out there but it is a good value, especially for something I got at the grocery store. Not sure if they still sell it, since I've had plenty in storage.

What happened to Kiss My Face?

Nobody has it locally anymore. I can remember years ago, it was a somewhat popular budget shave cream. The performance was also very good. Shelf-life was also decent for a product that doesn't have preservatives (all those herbs basically made the cream self-preserving for a while).

But now it's going for 22 dollars on Amazon for 11 ounces of the Fragrance Free cream ... which is a bit steep.

I'm just looking around for THE shave cream that doesn't cost a small fortune. I've sort of crossed soaps off my list generally (if I did use soaps, it would probably just be Williams), and Kiss My Face would be a contender... if it were available.

Pure Formulas carries some of the Kiss My Face Shaving products

Both tube and the pump bottles. Prices appear reasonable. I'll have to stop by the local health food store to see if they have any.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It's pretty funny, but. Twice I've had leftover Key Lime lather. Both times it rehydrated for a great shave - with no lime scent!

Lime is truly fleeting.

AA

KMF is one of the best choices for US brick & mortor bought creams. Picked up a bottle of Peacefull Patchouli some years back, it's still about 80% full since I don't reach for it much and the bottle holds a LOT of product. One of the nice things about this cream is that there are quite a lot of decent and interesting ingredients especially for a OTC which are usually not as skin friendly. Hope they get supply issues fixed so more people can easily access this stuff.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
BTTP for some KMF love!

Used the lavender today, BOOM! Instant, perfect lather without drama.

Silvertip whipped it into "exactly" right in under ten seconds!

Glad I have two bottles of this stuff.

AA

KMF is my EXCLUSIVE! Perfect combo, nothing else has touched it. Was crushed when they went on hiatus before being purchased. Now I see they're selling out on their website and online. Picking it up at Natural Grocers too. Gotta keep them in business.

I dipped into my son's KMF to test it, before he finishes the Proraso Blue, to make sure it's still a quality product.

It's as good as I remembered it and better than most creams on the market.

Amazing lather and scent. I picked it up on Amazon.ca. I miss the little 75ml tubes they used to have in a variety of flavours. Bamboo was I really enjoyed.

It's not flashy and comes in a cheap pump tube dispenser, which is quite handy actually. It holds its own against any product out there.

PXL_20230107_171935236.jpg

Last edited:
3 pump bottles of the unscented stored away. I like the stuff- especially the post shave feel.

For anyone in the old posts concerned about preservatives, I have a bottle of Lavender and another of the old Patchouli that are probably 10 years old. Nothing changed. The scent and performance are still there.

I really like the KMF Mint. It's an excellent cream at a great price. The pump bottle doesn't work for the way I store my creams, but that was fixed by filling an empty cream tub from the pump bottle.

I've seen their lavender, mint, and unscented shaving creams in organic stores like Whole Foods. They used to have more scents and be available in normal grocery stores like Wegmans but haven't seen it lately.

Top Bottom