What's new

What happened to Kiss My Face?

What happened to Kiss My Face?

Nobody has it locally anymore. I can remember years ago, it was a somewhat popular budget shave cream. The performance was also very good. Shelf-life was also decent for a product that doesn't have preservatives (all those herbs basically made the cream self-preserving for a while).

But now it's going for 22 dollars on Amazon for 11 ounces of the Fragrance Free cream ... which is a bit steep.

I'm just looking around for THE shave cream that doesn't cost a small fortune. I've sort of crossed soaps off my list generally (if I did use soaps, it would probably just be Williams), and Kiss My Face would be a contender... if it were available.

They have it in the grocery stores here in Upstate NY. I am not a fan, but it was nice to try it out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Is this it?

Yes.

I'm cautious buying KMF online because it doesn't have preservatives, and you never know if it's just been sitting around forever. While the product is somewhat "self-preserving", that's not as good as an actual preservative package.

As near as I can tell it's not available in the Orlando area.

They have it in the grocery stores here in Upstate NY. I am not a fan, but it was nice to try it out.

What was disappointing about KMF?

I'm looking to become more minimalist, so I'm curious to see peoples opinions of how products compare. I'm a bit burned out on just trying a half dozen shave creams that all are more or less middling in performance.

Yes.

I'm cautious buying KMF online because it doesn't have preservatives, and you never know if it's just been sitting around forever. While the product is somewhat "self-preserving", that's not as good as an actual preservative package.

As near as I can tell it's not available in the Orlando area.
Yeah, I just double checked who is selling it at this price and it is some place called Greenbay Essentials, so who knows how long it has been sitting.

KMF products used to be sold in many grocery and drug store chains around here (Vancouver, B.C., Canada), but they suddenly disappeared about a year or two ago. Then, I happened to see this press release which mentions that they were bought out by a company called "Aliph Brands". Turns out that they specialize in resurrecting troubled or bankrupt businesses.

Perhaps KMF is scarce because their business is undergoing reorganization (or in the process of being gutted).

What was disappointing about KMF?

I'm looking to become more minimalist, so I'm curious to see peoples opinions of how products compare. I'm a bit burned out on just trying a half dozen shave creams that all are more or less middling in performance.
I enjoy the lathering process and didn't find it any better than my regular soaps, like Stirling. Its really just a preference thing more than anything else.

i was very disappointed in my KMF shave creams.
Totally under-performed, both lather and slickness, IMO.

kmf pink slip.jpg

KMF was off the market for a while and is now just making its way back. there are a couple of threads about it in this forum. My guess is that distribution isn’t back to nor,al and you’re seeing the results with scarcity, etc.

i was very disappointed in my KMF shave creams.
Totally under-performed, both lather and slickness, IMO.

View attachment 1032957

You probably have alot more broad experiences with actual shaving performance, but I think KMF shines in post-shave. I really do not need any sort of aftershave toner after using the cream, as the cream has toning and styptic qualities due to the choice of herbal extracts used.

My supermarket had it....I got em all.... Check your local stores....the ones with the "natural" stuff, with soaps, oils, etc...

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Have dispenser bottle of the lavender cream that I use for lathering up new brushes to clean and defunk....never used it for a shave

I had a tube of the unscented back when I liked to uberlather. A nice product without being exceptional except at the time ( think 9 years ago ) it was one of the few 'brushed' shaving creams you could purchase in a local brick and mortar store. Now I don't uberlather and the tube sits unused.

Bumpity bump. Got one today at TJ Maxx for $3.99. Lavender Shea in a 11oz pump bottle. Never seen it before, but wanted to give it a try at this price. Quite good actually, it lathers with a synthetic brush without too much trouble and you end up with a nice "low structure" creamy texture. It's not the best cream in the world, but for $4-5 I definitely recommend it. Smells great, provides good slickness, leaves face moisturized. Comes in a very convenient, attractive package and one pump is plenty for a good shave. You can also "superlather" this with pretty much anything. I'd recommend doing so with a cheap soap, such as Williams or something unscented.

I still have quite a bit left in my pump bottle from about 2 years ago. I bought both the Mint and Key Lime. I found I don't like mint scent whilst shaving, so PIF'd that away. The lime is fine, not the best cream but not bad for a grocery store purchase.

I used it this morning and I have to say I am now liking it even more. One of the easiest creams to use and the results are pretty much fool-proof. The dispenser is perfect and the product is super creamy when lathered with a brush (I used a chubby Zenith boar). Great botanicals for post-shave... No complaints at all; I found some Mint and Pomegranate Grapefruit for $4.20-7.95 and purchased them right away. It's a steal for a 11oz pump bottle.

What a coincidence to see this here. I was going through some things in storage and found an old bottle of KMF cool mint. I finally broke it out last week and have had a few shaves with it. What strikes me first of all is how quickly it lathers--maybe it's just that I've only ever used soaps, but I was amazed that this reached Barbasol consistency in about ten seconds. I love how easy it is to pump too, it has to be up there with the easiest brush lathers in existence. On the other hand I had been using a Declaration Grooming soap straight through for four months before switching to this, and the difference in moisturizing/conditioning is obvious.

My Pomegranate Grapefruit arrived yesterday (paid $4.99 for it). Shaved with it this morning... ahhhhhh, the sweet citrusy freshness... recommended!

Top Bottom