What's new

What happened and do I solve it

I was shaving this morning and used some oil and the blade ended up being tarnished...I think.
Do you know how can a fix it. It is a great looking razor and excellent shave. Hope you can help.
20210614_094704.jpg
20210614_095122.jpg

Did you use alum black or styptic while shaving?. Some soaps may have potassium alum too. You can get rid of it if you polish it gently with a q-tip and a polish. Just make sure you stay away from the gold wash and the etching. You can also put a bit of tape on the etching to have extra protection. It happens to mine if I use a styptic pencil or alum block.

Cheers.
Thank you for that. Checked the ingredients and it didn't mention any potassium alum, but that is good to know, thank you. I'm not going to lie, I was a little little upset when I saw it hahaha.
Have you got any good recommendations for polish?

I am in Europe and I use T Cut. If you have access to Flitz or Mother’s Mag polish it would be great. They are easier to get in the U.K. and the States. They do a good job and bunch of guys here use them. Just make sure you don’t rub the etching and the gold. It will be lifted quiet easily.

Cheers.
Thank you for that. Checked the ingredients and it didn't mention any potassium alum, but that is good to know, thank you. I'm not going to lie, I was a little little upset when I saw it hahaha.
Have you got any good recommendations for polish?
I can understand it is upsetting. It wrecks my head every time. If you rub for a while you might have to touch up the edge.

Top Bottom