What's new

What Hair Products Did You Use Today?

m.jpg

Murray's Superior pomade

Usiing this stuff today. After a week of using wax pomades, it's could to return to Murray's Superior. The one negative that I don't like about wax pomades is it gives my hair TOO much volume. It would be fine if it didn't have so much hair and natural volume. With the amount of hair that I have, I end up with a pompadour that is more like Ace Ventura than James Dean. But with Murray's Superior, it packs hair down more so I can get the Dean look that I'm striving for.

If my hair was thinning, I'd definitely use wax pomades all the time. I wouldn't use clays because don't like the dirty haired loo, hate the high prices for the product, and dislike all the different chemicals that they contain. Wax pomades do almost the same job as clays, but are far less expensive, don't give the dirty-haired look and have fewer chemicals. Actually, I'd cut my hair bald if my hair was thinning and go with a nice Kangol 504 flat cap or Kangol MAU. I don't think I'll outlive my hair unfortunately.

For today, I threw in 1 LARGE scoop of Murray's Superior and then topped it off with 1 small scoop of Murray's Super Light pomade for shine. I want to use up the Super Light pomade, so I went with that. Also, I like the look it gives my hair when I use it as a topper. It makes my blond hair shine like no tomorrow. I didn't use a comb for the applications of the two pomades. I just applied it and swept it back. My hair looks incredibly cool when i don't use a comb.

I like the way that Murray's condenses my hair. As I've mentioned recently, I need a haircut - again - but not interested in dealing with the trial and error process of going to different places to find someone that knows what they're doing. Moroever, I don't want to invest 3 hours of my day to getting a cut. 30 minutes of driving each way plus a 1 to 2 hour wait time to get the cut. No thanks. I'll cut my hair myself. The Murray's Superor lets me get away with having SUPER volumous hair. Honestly, I don't know how hair cutters stay in business. One bad experience for me is enough to NEVER go back to them. I guess I'm less forgiving than the average person. When I get bad service, I don't come back ever.

This is how I look today with my James Dean look:

dax.jpg

Dax Short and Neat pomade

Today I'm using this pomade. It's a lightweight oil-based pomade, which has mix of petrolatum and different oils. The shine this pomade creates is the best I've seen. It's the shine that one would see in looking at Cary Grant's hair during his pomade days. It's said that he used a mix of pomade and mineral oil to create the shiny look to his hair. That's what Dax Short and Neat is. It's a mix of petroleum, mineral and coconut oil. There's very few ingredients.

What I like about Dax Short and Neat, besides the shine, is the way it makes my hair look wet. I went to the hospital last week, and one of the nurses asked me if I'd just gotten out of the shower. I had Dax Short and Neat in my hair, and I literally looked like I'd just stepped out of the shower. That doesn't go away. It stays like that until you wash this stuff out. The wash out is easy. It's simple to shampoo this stuff out.

Ingredients:

Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Fragrance

Going out tonight with my girlfriend to a small get together, and then planning on hitting a party. My hair looks perfect right now.

carygrant.jpg

1/1/20
J.R. Liggett Coconut & Argan Oil Shampoo Bar
Lucky Tiger 3 Purpose Hair Tonic

1/2/20

1/3/20

1/4/20
Lucky Tiger 3 Purpose Hair Tonic

Today I used A cedar oil bar shampoo by "Wiener Seife", it's a local austrian soap manufacturer which makes awesome soap bars for hands, hair and body. They also make shaving soap, but I have yet to try that. Will post a review of that stuff soon!

-Daniel

Gonzo+top.jpg

Lockhart's Heavy Hold Gonzo pomade

Using just a little of this heavy wax pomade today. It's made for hot climates, and loaded with wax. It's great for holding a hair style in place. Given that his is the winter, I just used a very small amount on my hair, and was able to form a frozen pomp. It's like Mount Rushmore. This is so thick that it's just incredible. I absolutely look like a star today with this stuff in my hair. Gonzo comes in a 4 oz container and sells for around $15 per tin. It's a good deal. If this was my daily go to pomade, it would last me over a year.

This stuff doesn't come out over night, so there's no need to continue to add to ones hair day after day. For me, one application after 3 to 5 days is enough, because this stuff is NOT coming out without two or three rounds of showering. That's the beauty of it. You save money and your hair looks incredible day after day. Gonzo is so different from the pomades I'm used to using. The hold, the look and the easy maintence. This stuff saves me a lot of time having to mess with my hair each day.

Not too many use this stuff for some reason. It's not marketed as well as Goon Grease by Lockharts, but I like it better. Surprisingly, the shine is nice for a super duper heavy hold pomade.

Ingredients: Microcrystalline Wax, Beeswax, Petrolatum, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Lanolin, Fragrance, D&C Red #17

Went to a party last night with my Anne Bankcroft look alike girlfriend, and although I didn't feel great, I had a TON of women throwing themselves at me. Now I know what Elvis Presley and the Beatles felt like during their zenith of their careers. I literally had women fighting over me, and my older girlfriend was working hard to keep them off of me. It was pretty fun, but not good to deal with the jeolousy situation with my girlfirend. I don't encourage these women/girls to throw themslves at me. In other words, I don't flert or stare down women to let them know i'm interested. I purposefully don't look at them, because I'm happy with my girlfriend and don't want the attention I guess. Anyway, it was an interesting night for us.

Top Bottom