What's new

What Hair Products Did You Use Today?

Murray's Superior, Voodoo Brew 2 and Murray's Super Light pomade

I'm using a witches brew of three pomades today on my hair. I wasn't happy with initially just going with Voodoo Brew 2, because I had too much volume with my hair. I added the Murray's Super Light pomade, which gave my hair a really nice shine. I then went with the Murray's Superior to top it off. I wanted to pin my hair down in the 1920s style . Some people don't look good with that look. It depends on your face and head. I look perfect. I like the combo because it gives the appearance of short hair. I recently cut my hair . myself, but it's growing back rapidly, and I don't want to have to cut it again. I need to find a barber I can trust. Around, I have little faith in any of the them to do a better job cutting my hair than I'm doing myself

Pretty worn out lately. I over exhausted my heart doing lawn bowling at my girlfriend's parents house last weekend. I'm not supposed to be doing anything strenuous because of the carditis that I have. I figured that lawn bowling would be easy, but I was wrong. It took more effort than I thought. Her dad had a 100 people there. It was a party. I thought it was going to be a low key thing, but that's not how her dad does stuff. I need to take it easy for a while.

6/17/19
J.R. Liggett Coconut & Argan Oil Shampoo Bar
Lucky Tiger 3 Purpose Hair Tonic

6/18/19

6/19/19

mu.jpeg

Murray's Hair Glo pomade

I'm going with this pomade today. I put in just one scoop, but it really has me looking like I just came off the set of the 'Great Gatsby' with Dicaprio. This stuff is shiny, and it keeps my hair under control to give me the ivy league look that I like. It's pure 1920s, which is when this product was invented. It's similar to Murray's Super Light. I can't tell the difference between them, apart from the scent and a bit more hold for the Super Light. The scent of Murray's Hair Glo is decent. It goes right away though. Only there for a short while.

I'm going to focus on using just Murray's Super Light and Murray's Hair Glo for the remainder of the year. My Anne Bankcroft look alike girlfriend likes the look these products give me, and I like them too. I need to reorder the Murray's Super Light and Murray's Exelento pomades. My Exelento disappeared after I had it in storage. Royal Crown Hair Dressing gives me the same look, but I want to focus on using just using Murray's for the remainder of the year.

Ingredients:

Petrolatium, Lanolin, Cocos Lucifera (coconut oil), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera), Fragrance (parfum).

exelento-500x500.jpg

Murray's Exelento pomade

I just received my new tin of Murray's Exelento from Murray's website. This pomade has the original scent of the classic 1912 Exelento. It's a lot better scent than the purple colored tin that Murray's Exelento that they switched to in 1968. I didn't care too much that.

Here's the description of Murray's Exelento pomade from their website:

• "Same formula - new fragrance. Enhanced with lanolin and olive oil for healthy "in control" hair while providing excellent protection from hot rollers, relaxing and color treatments. Deep conditioning helps fight split ends, dandruff flakes and frizzy hair. 3.5 oz. can."

It's good stuff. I'm not really into olive oil being an ingredient for my pomades. That's the only thing I would change.

I'm getting ready to take off with my girlfriend. Going to have a light late dinner, and then go a nice night club.

Earlier today I stopped off for some coffee before taking the train to go home. There was a girl that was just staring at me from across the room in the shop while I was trying to drink my coffee. She literally wouldn't turn away. I felt self conscious while sipping my coffee, so I turned sideways in my chair so I couldn't see staring directly at my face. I really don't like being stared at by women. I get it. I know why they're doing it, but I'd rather they just walk up and say they're interested, and deal with the rejection up front. I don't like the staring bit. I get really annoyed by it. I prefer when women just come right out and hit on me rather than staring nonstop, because that's really creepy. I hate it. I lose respect for them as well when they do that. Anyway, I was glad to get out of the coffee shop. I kept looking back in case she came after me. I felt relieved when I got on the train, and the doors closed. I wanted to get as far away as possible from this admirer.

6/21/19

6/22/19

6/23/19

Top Bottom