What Hair Products Did You Use Today?

Discussion in 'Skin, Body & Hair Care' started by Wcoppage, Dec 3, 2012.

BedHead shampoo and conditioner
    Lucky Tiger tonic

1. Voodoo Brew 2 Heavy hold pomade

Using my new favorite Voodoo Brew 2 pomade today. I put in just a very small amount of High Life Voodoo Brew 2 this morning. I already had pomade in my hair from yesterday, and this stuff doesn't leave one's hair overnight like some pomades do. I mean, you've REALLY got to wash your hair like crazy to get Voodoo Brew or High Life Heavy pomade out. That's the positive about this stuff. You don't need to keep adding pomade to your hair day after day, because it doesn't leave your hair overnight.

I went to a poetry reading in the city last night with my Anne Bankcroft look alike girlfriend. I thought this was going to be a really casual evening of some nice, easy poetry reading. I misjudged how intense these people are about poetry. Some of the stuff they were reading was like being in a war zone. Anyway, my girlfriend pressured me to get up there and read. I asked her, "Why do I have to be the one to read? You're the one that likes poetry." She then said, "Just do it, and make sure you read slowly and stop every once in a while to look at individual members of the audience." When the organizers of the poetry reading asked who wants to read next, six hands shot up before me. I was last one to raise my hand, and sure enough, I was the one that was selected. Of course, it makes sense that I would be picked, given my Hollywood movie star looks. My girlfriend handed me a poem that she had printed out by a writer Rudyard Kipling, called, "If." I'd never heard of it, but I figured I'd just wing it, and make sure I followed my girlfriend's directions to read slowly and look at different people in the audience. There was a lot of people there, mostly women in their 20s and 30s. I started reading slowly, and looking around at the people like my girlfriend wanted me to. I noticed immediately that the women were looking at me like I was a movie or something. I could tell each time I looked at a different woman in the audience that she was in love with me or something. I made sure I looked at each person for exactly two seconds as I scanned the audience. It was hard to do that because I could read each person. They were all so transparent. Even the men were really into me reading this poetry. It was hard for me to stay focused to find my lines each time I would continue reading. When I finished, I was giving a huge amount of applause by the people. My girlfriend was ecstatic. I was reading the poetry kind of like how Marlon Brando had his monologue i the Tennessee Williams movie, 'The Fugitive Kind.' I did my reading like that, and it seemed to go over well. I'm still not into poetry. This was all driven by my beautiful Anne Bankcroft look alike girlfriend.

2. Marco

Marco Ambassador

Murray's Superior Vintage.

3. ajkel64

ajkel64 Ambassador

Turning Point 2 in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner.
    Vaseline Hair Tonic.

4. Marco

Marco Ambassador

Suavecito Firme.

5. 4/14/19
    J.R. Liggett Jojoba & Peppermint Shampoo Bar

4/15/19
    J.R. Liggett Jojoba & Peppermint Shampoo Bar
    Lucky Tiger 3 Purpose Hair Tonic

6. ajkel64

ajkel64 Ambassador

Vaseline Hair Tonic.

7. J.R. Liggett Jojoba & Peppermint Shampoo Bar
    Lucky Tiger 3 Purpose Hair Tonic

8. ajkel64

ajkel64 Ambassador

9. I just ordered this.

[​IMG]

I’ll probably get it next week. Anyone ever try it before?

10. Marco

Marco Ambassador

Uppercut Deluxe.

11. ajkel64

ajkel64 Ambassador

Head and Shoulders dry scalp care Almond.

12. murrays-nu-nile-can_1024x1024.jpg

Murray's Nu Nile pomade

Using this classic today. Had to throw in 3 scoops of this stuff to get some decent hold. This stuff is alright if you add enough of it. Years ago this stuff was really popular, but with all the wax pomades that come out in the last three four years, they've supplanted Nu Nile, and made obsolete. It's a classic though. It takes too much product for me to get the look I want with it.

Not feeling too well. Dealing with pericarditis issue. I don't think I'ever going to get rid of it. It's in the chronic stage. I'm supposed to take it easy, but I work, work and work, and spend time with girlfriend. Went to see cardiologist yesterday. He was shouting like a mad man. I think he's crazy. At the end of the appoints, he often says, "Go." It's very primitive with this doctor. The cardiologists are the worst. They really care about their work, I guess. I never know when I go there if I'm be put in the hosp for a week. They say, 'You've got to be hospitalized. Your heart and lungs are filled. You have tachycardia and it's dangerous..blah-blah...blah." It's always a week. carticoid steroid treatment and then draining of lungs and heart by using a needle. I get knocked out for this procedure, thankfully. A nightmare not knowing. Being in a hospital is terrible. No sleep, unprofessional health care workers, that remind me of what people must have experienced 100 years ago when hospitals where places you'd go to die. I'll never agree to let a student nurse take my blood ever again. Sharing rooms is also a horrible experience. They keep people with heart problems in same room. So I'm in there with guys in their 50s, 60s and 70s, and they bring in a mob of people. I'm by myself or with my girlfriend, and they just stare. They fill the room. Can't watch TV when curtain is closed, so you need it open. That means you're sitting in bed with 10 to 12 people in the room, starring, talking and staying for hours and hours. It's like that everyday. In the morning, a big group of doctors make rounds. They're like student doctors, I guess. I'm not sure. They stand in front of me while the instructor talks about without acknowledging me as a person. It's inhuman. I hate it. There's so much more. Its a terrible dream every time I have to go there.