What's new

What Hair Products Did You Use Today?

v.jpeg

High Life Voodoo Brew 2

Rediscovering this gem. High Life Voodoo Brew 2 is a heavy hold wax based pomade that is ideal for creating pompadours. This was my favorite pomade ages ago, but it's been supplanted by Murray's Superior pomade. In the past I overdid it when using this pomade. I always added way too much to my hair, and it ended up giving me less than superb results. But today, I added just a little of it, and I'm getting excellent volume, and looking like James Dean. I tried the stuff like I would Baxter of California Clay by using just a small dab of Voodoo Brew 2 pomade. I did this basically because I don't want to clog my septic tank. The results I'm getting today with my hair is far better than I ever got before. My hair looks outstanding to say the least. Voodoo Brew 2 is best for thick and curly hair. I still think it would work for a person with thinning hair, but they would need to use very little of it in order to avoid weighing their hair down. With the amount of Voodoo Brew 2 I used today, this tin will last me about 4 months if it were the only pomade I used, which obviously it isn't. I really like this stuff though. This is an excellent pomade for winter or summer due to the high wax content. It won't melt as easy as Murray's Superior during the summer months.

Ingredients:

White Microwax, Petrolatum, Emu Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Avocado Oil, Fragrance Color

rec.jpg

Blue Magic Pressing Oil pomade

From the creators of Royal Crown Pomade and Hairdressing, I'm using Blue Magic Pressing Oil pomade. This is some really shiny stuff, but with nice hold. It's giving my hair a wet look today. I look like I'm ready to go to church. This is nice stuff. I don't care for the scent, but I'm looking good. I added 1 large scoop of this stuff to my wet hair this morning. It increases the shine of the product if you add it to your hair when it's wet.

s.jpg

Sweet Georgia Brown Blue Hairdressing pomade

I'm using this hard to find classic pomade from 1934. The producers of the product are only creating the Red version, so it's very difficult to find the firm hold Blue version. This stuff is so excellent. I've still got 3 tins. By using Sweet Georgia Brown Blue on special occasions, I think I can make this stuff last for a long time. Sweet Georgia Brown Blue pomade isn't as shiny as the more available SGB Red pomade, but the hold is a lot better, and it's very unique pomade in comparison. I'm hoping that the company that produces the Red will once again start producing the Blue. They discontinued the shiny Sweet Georgia Brown Purple a few years ago. That stuff was really nice. I usually don't like water base pomades, but I enjoyed the SGB Purple pomade.

Ingredients:

Petrolatum, Lanolin, Microcristalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina Wax), Cocos Lanolin Wax, Lanolin, Fragrance (Parfum)

rc.jpeg

Royal Crown Pomade

Going with RC pomade today. Nice hold for a light, and the scent is top notch. It has slightly more hold than Royal Crown Hairdressing. I like them both.

Top Bottom