J.R. Liggett's Coconut & Argan Oil Shampoo Bar
Lucky Tiger 3 Purpose Hair Tonic

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Reuzel Green ..... for the last time.
full

style.jpeg

Murray's Style Creator Pomade

I stumbled on this stuff at my local Walmart on Friday. I figured I should go for it given that it's from my favorite company Murray's. I got it for $4.97 for a 4 oz tin. It's a great deal for a low wax, petroleum based pomade. It washes out easy. I don't care whether it does or doesn't. I just wanted to try it out. I added a dime scoop of Murray's Style Creator to my dry hair this morning. I like the way it styled my blond hair. I mean, it lacks the Murray's Superior hold and the shine of some of the high shine pomades that I love, but it's a nice change up for a casual setting. I see the stuff as a nice Brylcreem alternative. I was tempted to scoop out a quarter-sized amount of Murray's Style Creator pomade, but I was thinking of my precious septic tank. I don't want to mess her up. All in all, I'm looking like a star today. Murray's Style Creator has a nice light hold to it. You're obviously not going to get the hold of Murray's Superior, Dax Wave & Groom or one of the heavy wax pomades like High Life Heavy or Voodoo Brew 2, but it's still pretty good stuff. I don't use the classic water based pomades, so they're not included in my comparison of the hold of Murray's Style Creator pomade. It's kind of like a water base pomade with the way it washes out, and it does have water as water (Aqua, Eau) as the first ingredient. I still don't see this stuff as being like a water base.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Cetearyl Alcohol, Petrolatum, Ceteareth-25, Lanolin, Steareth-21, PVP, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Ozokerite, Ethyl Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum), VP/VA Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin.

12/14/18
Lucky Tiger 3 Purpose Hair Tonic

12/15/18

brylcreem.jpg

Brylcreem + Tres Flores Liquid Oil

I'm using the reformulated 3in1 Brylcreem Hair Cream + Tres Flores Liquid Oil. Since Brylcreem changed the formula on their U.S Brylcreem, I've noticed that they removed basically most of the mineral oil to weaken the shine. They left the scent, which was always the worst part of it, and took out most of the mineral oil. What's left is a product that is only good for light styling. To help bring Brylcreem back to the great product it was before, I added a tiny palmfull of Tres Flores Liquid oil to the Brylcreem to restore the original shine of the product. Tres Flores is mineral oil and scent. Adding mineral oil back to Brylcreem brought it back to the version that I, and many others, had loved in the past. I then added one dime size dab of Brylcreem to my wet hair this morning to get the 1920s matinee idol look to my hair. With the mineral oil from Tres Flores, I'm looking absolutely sensational. As far as my concoction goes, I think my version of Brylcreem is better than the original. I added a lot more oil than Brylcreem previously had, and the shine that it's producing for my blond hair is out of this galaxy. We're talking blinding shine.

tres.jpeg

Top Bottom