What's new

What Hair Products Did You Use Today?

tres flores1.jpeg

Today I'm using a combination of Tres Flores Liquid Brilliantine with Tres Flores Brilliantine pomade. My hair looks out of this world good. I used 2 scoops of the pomade and 3 small handfuls of the liquid Brilliantine from Tres Flores. My hair is absolutely shiny and smells great.

The liquid Brilliantine is pretty much all mineral oil with a little fragrance. The effect is it leaves my hair glistening and very dark and wet looking. I threw in the pomade to give it a little hold. You can't use heavy pomades with the Tres Flores liquid because it dissolves them.

Overall, I give myself a 10 out of 10 in my Hollywood movie star scale today.

ROCKHARD_2.jpg
Today I'm using Schmiere Rock Hard [Knuppelhart] Pomade. This is an amazing pomade. I got it on Amazon for $15 for a 4.7 oz. tin. It's holding my hair in place perfectly. Knuppelhart scoops out as hard as a rock. It was all I could do to get 2 scoops out of the tin. But after I rubbed my hands together, the pomade loosened up quickly and I was able to apply it to my hair. My hair looks outstanding today! I must admit that I love marvelous!

This is a waxy pomade without a lot of shine. It's designed to create hair styles that stay in place, such as a pompadour. I'm just using it for a side part today.

Ingredients: Petrolatum, Microcristallina Cera, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Wax, Ethoxydiglycol, Polysorbate 20, PEG-55 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trideceth-9, Parfum, Amyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl-3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool, CI 61565

Schmiere Rock Hard pomade is perfect for people with thick and curly hair. If you want to straighten your hair, this stuff will get the curls out, believe me.

exelento-500x500.jpg

Today I'm using Murray's Brilliantine Exelento pomade. This is shiny pomade from 1912. It's enhanced with olive oil and lanolin. It gives my hair a little more shine and hold than Murray's Hair Glo. This stuff is definitely shinier than Hair Glo. Murray's recently changed the scent of Exelento to give it more of a classic scent. I like the new scent a lot better.

I sometimes mix Exelento with Murray's Xtra Heavy to tone down the heavy, which is actually too heavy to be much of any use for my hair. Murray's also sells a Small Batch 50-50 of a mix between Exelento and Murray's Superior, but the scent is awful, like bug repellent. I can't use that pomade because it's too off putting and my beautiful Ann Bancroft look alike girlfriend hates it.

If you're a water pomade user and fear the process of washing out oil based pomades, then Murray's Exelento won't be what you're looking for. This is a petroleum base pomade like most of Murray's pomades. I like these types because it makes my hair look much better than water base pomades, and it doesn't damage my hair the way water base pomades do. It takes my hair a week to recover from one application of water base pomades. The stuff if just awful. My hair is still recovering from one application of Suavacito Firme. What a nightmare that was. I can see how users of this pomade switch it out every time. I think I'd be a bald eagle before long if I used that stuff every day.

Exelento is a great pomade. The only thing I don't like about it is my hair doesn't look great the next day. In other words, I need to wash my hair every day when I use this pomade because it loses the shine overnight. But this is a perfect pomade if you shower daily or if you're going out on the town.

wave-and-groom.jpg

Today I'm using Dax Wave and Groom Pomade. This is a very similar pomade to Murray's Superior. It's a little weaker, more shinier and it contains lanolin. Other than that, Dax Wave and Groom is very much like Murray's. I applied 2 scoops of Dax to my dry hair this morning. My hair is shining and looking perfectly styled right now. The scent is amazing.

Ingredients Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Lanolin, Fragrance (Parfum)

Cost: $3 per tin. Dax is very affordable pomade. It gives you the best bang for the buck in the pomade department. This isn't low quality pomade. In my opinion, Dax is a better pomade than most of the home brews that are constantly coming out.

Dax Wave and Groom is a good pomade for both thick and thin hair. For thinner hair, you want to use only a little.

There are a lot of people that prefer Dax to Murray's Superior. It depends on what you're looking for. Murray's will give you a little more hold at the expense of shine. Dax comes close to Murray's in the hold department, but it has a lot better shine.

Top Bottom