What's new

What Hair Products Did You Use Today?

I have yet to beat boogies pomode from dollar shave club. Best water base pomade I have found anywhere for keeping my hair dapper and in place but not looking slicked back or crunchy. SMBO approved above all others including suavecito firme, imperial, and several others. Love this stuff.

4/21/17
J.R. Liggett's Coconut & Argan Oil Shampoo Bar
Lucky Tiger 3 Purpose Hair Tonic

4/22/17
J.R. Liggett's Coconut & Argan Oil Shampoo Bar

By the way, the Suavecito firme is a bit stiff for me. I have a brand new container minus one dab that I'd trade out for a regular suavecito. PM me if interested.

suavaacito.jpg

Today I’m using Suavacito Firme. I wanted to try this out because some of the users in this forum seem to really like it. I purchased it on Ebay for $12 for a 4oz. tin. The scent of Suavacito Firme kind of reminds me of Old Spice. My hair feels sticky and looks greasy. My hair is kind of crunchy right now after the product dried up. My hair looked reat when I first applied Suavacito Firme, but after it dried, it felt like I was using a gel product. I would describe the scent as horrible. I’ve used much better water based pomades than this in the past. I liked Imperial pomade. That gave my hair a good look. I wish I could say the same about Suavacito firme.

My hair looks very much like helmet hair with this product in it. Suavacito Firme is very, very similar to the gels I used to use a few years ago. I honestly can’t tell the difference at all between them other than the scent of Suavacito Firme being really bad, similar to cheap cologne. I wouldn’t call Suavacito Firme the worst pomade I’ve ever used. I mean, I consider it a pomade. It’s more like a gel with a pomade name attached to it.

This stuff dries really had in the same way that the gels I used to use would do. It makes my hair feel like it’ll break in half if I bend it. We’re talking REALLY stiff hair. I honestly don’t know what the attraction is for users of this product other than the easy wash out. I haven’t washed it out yet, but I’m assuming it will be easy. In the past, I’ve never had problems washing out water based pomades. What I didn’t like was how dead and stripped of oils my hair would be after I used the water based products. My hair would look like hay, and it always took a week for my hair to recover from one application of the product.

My hair feels gross with Suavacito Firme in it. It’s all I can do to keep myself from dashing to the shower to wash the stuff out. I’m trying to stay positive and endure the process though. I’m seeing it as an experiment. Yeah, I feel like I wasted my money purchasing this product, but it’s worth to find out about products like this. I don't know what users of this product see in it for them to want to use it more than once. I mean, there are a TON of other products with similar or better hold than Suavacito Firme, and they give your hair a better look in my opinion.

My hair feels stuck together. The pomade feels sticky and VERY cheap. I’m figuring I’m going to have to shampoo 3 times to get this stuff out to make sure I get every bit removed. I don’t want any residue in my hair, because this product is loaded with chemicals. They call Suavacito Firme a water solvable pomade, but my guess it it’s still going to be there after I shampoo it. Right now, my hair feels like I’m wearing a tight-fitting hat. This isn’t a good feeling. It’s an uncomfortable feeling. I don’t know what to compare it to other than some of the other water based pomades I’ve used in the past.

Hold: I give it an 8 out of 10. I rate Murray’s Xtra Heavy as having a better hold, but it’s a heck of a lot more pliable than Suavacito Firme. The reputation for this product suggests that the hold would be out of this world. Believe me, it’s not a great hold.

Cost: $12 for 4 oz. tin.

Value: I give it a 2 out of 10. I don’t rate Suavacito Firme as having much value other than maybe if you want to spike your hair for Halloween or some kind of party.

Scent: It’s overpowering to say the least. It’s a cheap cologne type scent. I’m tempted to cover it up with an oil-based pomade with a great scent, but I don’t want to mix quality with this stuff.

Would I purchase Suavacito Firme again? No, I will never buy this again. I’ll give it to my girlfriend. She has a little brother who likes water base pomades.He likes to spike his hair and this stuff might work well for him.

murrays-superior-pomade-plastic-3oz.jpg

David here. I'm using Murray's Superior pomade today. This is the 3 oz plastic container version of this classic pomade. This stuff smells awesome and has me looking like I just got off a movie set from the 1920s. I look like Rudolf Valentino today. My hair is blond instead of brown like Valentino, but I still look a lot like him.

I haven't had a hair cut in a while, and I badly need a cut. With Murray's Superior in my hair, I look like my hair was freshly cut. It's simply amazing the transformation my hair goes through when I add this splendid pomade to it.

I used 3 scoops of Murray's Superior to my dry hair this morning. Yesterday, I used Suavacito Firme pomade, and it dried out my hair badly after I washed it out. It completely stripped the oil from my hair, leaving it like I had stuck my finger in light socket. Thankfully, I had my trusty Murray's to apply to my hair to give it back the healthy oil that it needs. I've learned my lesson. No more water pomades ever!. I'm more into classic pomades from the past. I make exceptions to high quality stuff like Schmiere, Dax Wave and Groom and High Life pomade. If you want more volume for your hair, then make sure you apply Murray's to dry hair and don't put in too much.

This is great pomade that is perfect to create a firm hold for your hair. Murray's adds great volume to your hair if you use just a little. This is pomade that will work for both thick hair and thinner hair. For the thinner hair types, you only want to use a little like 1 scoop. Murray's is also great for adding a nice sheen to your hair. My hair looks OUTSTANDING today. I've got the ivy league look going with Murray's in my hair.

Washing out Murray's Superior can definitely be difficult, especially with Murray's Xtra heavy. I always use mineral oil to help soften up the pomade in my hair before I shampoo it out.

Experimenting with other pomades is interesting, but Murray's Superior is my go to pomade. It makes my hair look the best. I usually don't use a hair dryer when I've got Murray's in my hair, but I can imagine it would really add to my classic looks.

I think Murray's is most perfect pomade ever created. Charles Murray was a genius with his creation of create pomades like Murray's Superior.

Top Bottom