What's new

What Green Coffee did you Buy or Roast Today?

Another lb of Colombian

Full roast details here Coffee Roasting with a Behmor 1600

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
The other 1/2# of Rwanda Hingakawa Co-Op Fair Trade. I very much enjoyed the first half of this sample. This roast seemed to go well, so I'm looking forward to trying this in a few days. This stuff sure does throw off some chaff!

Coffee.jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Thanks, @StillShaving. I based the roast from something I read in another forum. I preheated the Behmor for 90 seconds, added the beans, started at P5 for 2 minutes, dropped to P4 until the first pop of 1C, sped up the drum and dropped to P3, and then did my darndest to start cooling right before 2C.

Roasted 2kg of Kenya. SWMBO didn't like how bright the last bast turned out so I am going to let this on age for a day or two before I put it in the espresso machine.
Batch_20_18-09-19_1732.alog.png

Got a bit crazy with the gas flow at the 9 min mark but I should know how I did this weekend. I am going to let it age 2-3 days till I try it.

Ruckin.

Sumatra....hand roasted a little past first crack , hand grinder set to Turkish , and finished in Armenian copper cezve... small dose of raw cubed sugar from Finland...

1# La Minita and 1# Bali.

Not sure what to do once the log rack comes up on the porch. It IS getting colder.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
1# La Minita and 1# Bali.

Not sure what to do once the log rack comes up on the porch. It IS getting colder.

proxy.php

proxy.php
Maybe a longer preheating. Or build a surround around the roaster. I have considered doing that when roasting outside on windier days.
But I usually manage to roast at 45F or above, even in the winter.

Roasting 12 oz Costa Rica Chico La Roca in my Behmor. Going to try keeping the heat a bit lower (300-310) this time to see if it develops more fully instead of scorching.

First crack at 15:20, 1st crack over at 16:50, finished at 17:20 with smell if 2nd crack approaching.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

India Mysore Nuggets Extra Bold from Burman on my (recently upgrade) 1600+ in manual mode.

I like the flavor on this, but I am not sure I have ever ordered a coffee that had as many shells (hollow beans) in it.

Attachments

• IMG_20180924_213508.jpg
    IMG_20180924_213508.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
Roasted 2kg of Kenya. Dropped a bit sooner than my previous roast so I am kind of interested in how it tastes in the cup. Forgot to take a picture in the cooling tray.

Ruckin.

Top Bottom