What's new

What Green Coffee did you Buy or Roast Today?

Ordered 6# Lempira Red Honey from Legacy Farms (first time ordering from them, but a few people in a home roasting facebook group I am part of weer raving about it)

and

a couple of pounds of the fanciest green coffee I have ever ordered: Yemen Haraaz Fresh Grade AA+ from roastmasters.

Roasted a pound and half of Sumatran Mandheling yesterday.

proxy.php

Wow, did you pick up a 60kg bag of Sumatran Mandheling?

no.....

Got 10 pounds. Just showimg the sack which has the origin and processing details printed on it.

I was hesitant to get 10 pounds as Indonesian/Sumatran is a very "different" tasting coffee.

I have not bought any in a few years. Don't know what got into me. I have been trying to stay with central American coffee as that is what I enjoy the most.

My Behmor 1600 reached roast #300 today. :thumbup:

It has been operating for 10 years, I hope it keeps on going as I keep buying more green coffee. Roast #300 was the last remnants of 4 different African coffees, about 1 pound in total.

I just ordered my first green coffee beans. Ordered from Burman Coffee. 2 different sampler packs. Any advice on roasting? Planning on the pan in the oven method to start.

I just ordered my first green coffee beans. Ordered from Burman Coffee. 2 different sampler packs. Any advice on roasting? Planning on the pan in the oven method to start.
Prepare to set off the smoke alarm. :laugh:
I don't have any real advice, though I think you will want to try the pan method as well so that you can agitate the beans.

The cast iron skillet works like a charm! First batch went great. Just past the 2nd crack and wow is it delicious! I rand my 2nd batch today, medium with the same beans. Can't wait to give it a try.

I think I am done buying grocery story coffee!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I just got 10 more pounds of Moka Kadir in, yesterday, having finished up the last of my last shipment a few days ago. Great stuff. I keep trying other things, but the dadgum Moka Kadir just has everything I'm looking for.

With my behmor order from roastmaster I am getting 8 lbs of coffee to go with it.
I also ordered 10 lbs additional from a green coffee club.
I hope to start this weekend, will post results if I dont mess it up.

Top Bottom