What's new

What Green Coffee did you Buy or Roast Today?

Ohh.... shiny! Bali Blue Moon done in the popper.
Bali Blue Moon.jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
My first natural process coffee, Ethiopian Gelgelu Edema. Having done no other natural process, your guess is as good as mine as to how it came out. I may try some in the French press tomorrow.

20190211_105741.jpg

Guatemala Proyecto Xinabajul "La Viuda" Evelia from Sweet Maria's roasted for a home roasted coffee exchange that I am taking part in on a roasting facebook page I follow. Also throwing in 4 oz of the same coffee green for the recipient.

guat.jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Very nice, @jmwebster!

I roasted 250g of the Ethiopian Gelgelu Natural. The first roast with this bean went very well. The second . . . well . . . not so much. Let's see how the rubber roast goes in this three-roast series!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Another 250g of the Ethiopian Gelgelu Edema Natural. Once again, I missed the pic, but it seemed to come out pretty nicely.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Another 250g of the Ethiopian Gelgelu Edema Natural, which I seem to be roasting about twice every week. I'll probably finish off the rest of this (another couple of pounds or so) before moving on to a different bean. That ought to take a about a month.

20190310_074202.jpg

Roasted 6 half pound batches of Costa Rican La Minita in the Hottop. Getting ready to travel and the drum motor on the SF-1 needs to be replaced so need a couple weeks roasted while I wait for the new motor.

Yesterday I broke into my 40 lbs of Etheopian wet processed.

4 half pound batches sitting in the driveway, using the hottop. A neighbor walked by and asked what I was doing. They left with a few green coffee beans. Said they did not like coffee. Good, as I don't want to start supplying coffee.

Didn't take a pic. Coffee roasting has become routine (2-3 times a month), so I don't think about photos of a static roaster.

I managed to make a score of 30# of Peruvian microlot. Started with 15 and I was so impressed that I ordered another 15 lbs.

Coffee Pintado smaller.jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I. B. cook'n me some beans......

First Peruvian coffee I have roasted.

It's pretty good. Not as good as a Costa Rican Tarrazu but very respectable.

Are you roasting for espresso or pour-over or what?

It's mighty tough to beat said Costa Rican Tarrazu for anything (except espresso), but there's not been much roasting talk around here, lately.

I've grown another beard and been away on other forms.

Most (90%) of my roasts are light "American".... dropped at the end of first crack.

I have not been drinking much other than auto drip from a Bonavita. I retired my commercial Bunns in favor of smaller brewers (Bonavita and Technivorm). I saw very little difference in taste using the smaller volume (home) brewers.

I did bring my Francis Francis X-5 down but have not roasted any of my Robusta and Brazillian that I like for espresso. One of these days I will get it out of the box and start enjoying doubles once again.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Quarter pound of Guatemala Huehuetanango (forget the farm on that one) and half a pound of Guatemala Decaf from Burman. Got the roast where I wanted it with the Behmor, found that if I use the standard P1 program for twice the coffee weight

Top Bottom