What's new

What Green Coffee did you Buy or Roast Today?

24 hours rest at most.

Store them overnight in an open container, then xfer to air tight storage.

Got my new brazil bean in yesterday, so did 2 roasts 1/2 lb and 3/4 lb
This is the 3/4 pound, pretty much behmor guidelines until the end.
So far happy with the end results, will need to taste in the coming week.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the house without the sun and reflection is a better idea of the tru roast color.
proxy.php

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Tried buying some beans from Whole Foods here in southern BC, Canada. They said their regional office has stopped that practice at all stores. They said it had something to do with COVID? I pursued a line of questioning but never did get to the bottom of it. I’ll have to search elsewhere. Doesn’t stop them from selling many other products. Perhaps regional office can provide insight.

Tried buying some beans from Whole Foods here in southern BC, Canada. They said their regional office has stopped that practice at all stores. They said it had something to do with COVID? I pursued a line of questioning but never did get to the bottom of it. I’ll have to search elsewhere. Doesn’t stop them from selling many other products. Perhaps regional office can provide insight.

Give these folks a shout

My Behmor 2020 arrived today and I did my first roast!

It was 320g of Columbian Volcan Galenas Supremo.

Started a 400g roast and hit P5 to enter manual mode.

At first crack I hit C - to reset the timer then P3 to lower the heat to 50%. I also added 15 seconds to the time - just a little extra considering the heat was lower but I was also using a lower amount of beans ie. 320g instead of 400g... Just a guesstimate... The roasted output was 268.3g

When the timer ran out I hit cool... I don't think I heard 2nd crack. I did it under an awning outside - a bit of background noise... I have no idea what roast level I hit... It's darker in person that in the photos which lightened the look of it up.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

A panama bean i have been wanting to roast, first time, so did a 1/4 lb on 1/2 lb setting, wanted to see when 1c was and when 2c was. Went up to 2 c and cooled it. Lovely bean darker than i will roast the rest but happy with the bean size and uniformity.
proxy.php

Edila natural from panama, a higher grade bean, waiting to try it, came out good though.
proxy.php

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I keep cranking out the Moka Kadir, but I've started dropping it a little earlier. I had been going FC+, but I accidentally dropped a recent batch at full city. We really enjoyed it! I don't know if that's because it's all that much better or just because of a change of pace, but I don't really care all that much. This morning's batch was a proper full city.

Roasted a couple of different Honduran coffees today. The Organic Honduras rolled from 1st crack into 2nd, getting a lot further along than I wanted.
Coffee_20201022.jpg

Kids and grandkid here for 2 weeks no roasting,
Started today 3 batches of a panama bean.
As i. Am Almost out of roasted coffee.
proxy.php

It has happened to me a few times where I have had first crack not stop and it kept popping all the way to second crack. It came out darker than I wanted but it didn't last any longer than any other batch I make.

Top Bottom