What's new

What goodies are you expecting in the mail?

Peterson Irish Made Army Dublin 120 pipe. Patiently waiting.....
proxy.php

This is what got in the mail for me.
IA is a brand I only heard about a couple of weeks ago here in the forum and my wife and I decided to get the sampler for our anniversary... on the other hand, MdC is something I heard about 6 years ago when I started this journey with a cheap shavette.
i finally pulled the trigger...

Attachments

• DD44B703-AFF1-4113-9494-EA4D6B53EA2A.jpeg
    DD44B703-AFF1-4113-9494-EA4D6B53EA2A.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 3
  • D9C38E4E-F079-4764-AC3C-9070BE8F9CA6.jpeg
    D9C38E4E-F079-4764-AC3C-9070BE8F9CA6.jpeg
    310 KB · Views: 3
oh man. Went a bit crazy on the soap:
Jabonman Eufros Mediterraneo Tallow Shaving Soap at Bullgoose.
MudderFocker and Dead Sea at Italian Barber.
Stainless Steel - Karve (too long of a wait)

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Not much, just waiting for:

8 x Titan 1918 VG10-HZ SR's
Ordered 03/06/20
2 x 7 sheets lapping film
Ordered 03/13/20
2 x Titan 1918 ACRM-2 SR's
Ordered 01/06/20
3 x 10mm thick balsa wood sheets
Ordered 03/09/20
2 x DE razor cases
Ordered 01/06/20
6 x styptic pens
Ordered 01/06/20

All are currently in the hands of PhilPost.

Waiting on a Mondial boar brush. Ordered from Australia in early March right when the pandemic slowed international shipping. I hope to get it sometime in June, I've been in touch with the seller, it's out of his control. I can wait, I have plenty of brushes.

A yaqi rainbow synthetic I ordered from China about a month ago. At this rate I think I have about a 50/50 chance of ever getting it.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Nothing shave related, but there's a few odds and sods I'm waiting for.

Shoelaces - a pair of deck shoes came with leather laces a few months ago. I've hardly been wearing them as they just didn't seem to tie properly. Hopefully new laces will sort that. It's a mixed pack, so there's spares for other shoes too.

Dylon fabric dye. I have a few white shirts which aren't as pure a white as they should be anymore. They'll be Espresso Brown soon.

Oven tray - mine has needed upgrading for a while. I've ordered an enamelled one to try.

Tobacco samples - four mixed sample packs of pipe tobacco, to try and find a few more favourites without buying full tins. 32 samples in total

Pipe cleaners and filters. I had enough for sticking to the few blends I already have, but need more for swapping between the various samples.

A small round clip locked food container (430ml) for storing condensed milk or custard in once a tin is opened.

Cheap rug for setting up under an easel, so I'm not dripping paint and stuff on the laminate flooring.

Freezer bags. These seem to have been one of the Covid affected products, probably from people panic buying food.

"Waiting" on a whole bunch of samples from Maggard's. Placed it yesterday, will be here tomorrow. Love their shipping!

Black Ship, MDC, B&M, TOBS, Wholly Kaw, Myrsol, and Pinaud.

Semogue Torga C-5 and a Maggards 70/30 Mixed knot for a yet unmade handle. The Semogue has been on order since the middle of April.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Given the title of this thread, I am tempted to order the following ...

1590177690589.png

Ridpath

FIGHTER!
A silly number of oversized seamless bamboo socks
Magnifying glass for reading

That’s about it! Would have added a pair of Bose QC30s to the list, but couldn’t find a good deal so scrapped it. Might consider an alternative instead, maybe no active noise cancellation.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
A couple of cheapo pipes now need adding to my earlier list of incoming odds and sods. Two in, two out. I've been putting off replacing a couple of poor performers for a while now, and I had one of those "why the .... have I still got these .... things?" moments earlier.

It was the almost the final nudge I needed to just get it sorted, and then an attempt to be an enabler for @steveclarkus backfired, and I ended up enabling myself :aureola: :surrender:

Top Bottom