What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

Dropped an order on SP for some leaf... pound of Vintage Syrian, tins of Miskatonic Mixture and Dreams of Kadath, and 8oz bulk of GH&C American Peach (dang you for that one @Hirsute). The one ounce I grabbed to sample is one of the nicer aro's I've ever had. I thought I was done stocking aro's... guess not.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Dropped an order on SP for some leaf... pound of Vintage Syrian, tins of Miskatonic Mixture and Dreams of Kadath, and 8oz bulk of GH&C American Peach (dang you for that one @Hirsute). The one ounce I grabbed to sample is one of the nicer aro's I've ever had. I thought I was done stocking aro's... guess not.

Haha! Nice. Its seriously good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very much so. If more of the OTC aros were as good, I bet a lot more that try a pipe with OTC aros to start would stick with it longer.
Yeah, soon after I started pipe I realized that aromatics were horrible and I thought I'd better simply avoid them. I got a good one during last year's Secret Santa, and its actually one of my favorite tobacco's overall. Tinderbox Reserve 1928. Since, I've discovered several other aromatics that I really enjoy. Its a real shame how bad some of the OTC's are.

Yeah, soon after I started pipe I realized that aromatics were horrible and I thought I'd better simply avoid them. I got a good one during last year's Secret Santa, and its actually one of my favorite tobacco's overall. Tinderbox Reserve 1928. Since, I've discovered several other aromatics that I really enjoy. Its a real shame how bad some of the OTC's are.
Santa knew about the TR 1928. Trust Santa.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose

Sweet! I received a tin of the TR 1928 at the Pipe show. Your recommendation pushed me to lookup the reviews on it and it sounds pretty darn good. I’ll be trying it for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
MacBaren HH Latakia Flake and Old Dark Fired- one pound of each.
I decided to go with the free UPS shipping. It is tough knowing it is sitting in Mesquite (about 30 miles from me), but I won’t get it until Monday because they don’t deliver on Saturday.

Waiting on these.....the only one of these I've previously had is the Escudo. But, another tin of Escudo isn't going to go to waste!
20171118_121305.png

@Price
Two tins of Haddos Delight* on the way from Pipes and Cigars.
With the coupon you posted in Tobacquisitions I'm paying only slightly more than shipping cost, so it's worth the risk.

*The 2012 sample was pretty awesome, so I'll be tucking these away for a while. Assuming they arrive.

@Price
Two tins of Haddos Delight* on the way from Pipes and Cigars.
With the coupon you posted in Tobacquisitions I'm paying only slightly more than shipping cost, so it's worth the risk.

*The 2012 sample was pretty awesome, so I'll be tucking these away for a while. Assuming they arrive.

Glad you enjoyed it. You will be happy with that purchase, but you might have to wait a bit longer than you thought - that sample was from 2002. :001_cool:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I decided to go with the free UPS shipping. It is tough knowing it is sitting in Mesquite (about 30 miles from me), but I won’t get it until Monday because they don’t deliver on Saturday.
The wife said I got a package. I am at work and checked the UPS tracking- they delivered on Saturday. When did they start doing that?

Glad you enjoyed it. You will be happy with that purchase, but you might have to wait a bit longer than you thought - that sample was from 2002. :001_cool:
Doh! I knew that seemed wrong when I typed it.
That's ok, my cellar has a decent amount of depth to it at this point. At my current rate of smoking, I shouldn't have to break into my "new" tins for at least 10 years. I calced it out at some point, and the next 10 years or so should pretty much be entirely composed of 5+ year old stock, and from there on out 10+ year old stock.
I took everyone's advice on here to heart!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Doh! I knew that seemed wrong when I typed it.
That's ok, my cellar has a decent amount of depth to it at this point. At my current rate of smoking, I shouldn't have to break into my "new" tins for at least 10 years. I calced it out at some point, and the next 10 years or so should pretty much be entirely composed of 5+ year old stock, and from there on out 10+ year old stock.
I took everyone's advice on here to heart!

What great position to be in! I just started cellaring in earnest this year so I have some catching up to do.

What great position to be in! I just started cellaring in earnest this year so I have some catching up to do.
I started cellaring about 3rd quarter 2016, so I didn't have too much of a head start on you. I "cheated" however, and diverted pipe buying funds into tobacco buying funds, and snagged a bunch of older tins off of Pipestud...

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I started cellaring about 3rd quarter 2016, so I didn't have too much of a head start on you. I "cheated" however, and diverted pipe buying funds into tobacco buying funds, and snagged a bunch of older tins off of Pipestud...

I’m trying not to fall into that rabbit hole!

Top Bottom