What's new

What fragrance grew on you?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Floris Elite. A blind buy that I regretted and put aside for over 3 years. Then I bought a lot that had several Floris aftershaves including Elite. When I tried the aftershave I really liked it and gave the EDT another shot. I now enjoy it from time to time.
I was gifted some Grey Flannel, both aftershave and cologne. It reminded me of Tabac, and still does. I think I may have killed a friend of mine with the cologne. Seriously.

Then about a year later I tried the aftershave. A little of even THAT goes a long way. But it grew on me like a fungi, and now I sometimes slip into my bathroom to sniff the stopper!

I was gifted some Grey Flannel, both aftershave and cologne. It reminded me of Tabac, and still does. I think I may have killed a friend of mine with the cologne. Seriously.

Then about a year later I tried the aftershave. A little of even THAT goes a long way. But it grew on me like a fungi, and now I sometimes slip into my bathroom to sniff the stopper!
You mad, impetuous creature!

Imaginary Authors "Cape Heartache"

Strawberry and Douglas fir. I did not like the sound of it and I did not like it at first. I have come to really like it. Josh did a great job on this one. It is a modern classic.
I have to say “Strawberry and Douglas fir” doesn’t sound appealing at all. I’m glad you tried it and shared your impressions.

Grey Flannel goes a long way back with me, but as much as I can remember back that far I would say that GF was one I did not like that much at first, but that really grew on me. Maybe to the point of obsession. Maybe to the point of helping start the scent Jones I still have.

I have to say “Strawberry and Douglas fir” doesn’t sound appealing at all. I’m glad you tried it and shared your impressions.
If one is into scents, it is really one one should try. I suppose I do sort of think of it more as a winter holidays scent, but I may think of all the fir/pine scents that way, other than Pen's BB. I thought about buying a bottle and decanting it into thirds among my two sons and me. I am not sure they would like it though.

Bravo, Josh, if you are listening. My older son and his wife are now in Portland and my wife and I were out there a few weeks ago. I thought of you. I miss you around B&B and hope all is well with you!

I've changed my mind on Terre D'Hermes. The stuff gives me a massive headache... I can see why people love it but I just can't... my Dad even mentioned it recently and how he get compliments on it all the time.

Currently for me it’s silver mountain water. I got a sample and at first I really didn’t care for it. Now I’m really really enjoying it. Even to the point I’m considering an overpriced bottle of it. I don’t know what happened. What fragrance grew on you after some wear?
There’s a place I go to that sells the actual fragrance oils of some of the designer products (Creed, Tom Ford, etc). When I first smelled silver mountain water I wasn’t impressed with it. Now it’s a favorite of mine

Top Bottom