What's new

What Frag were you wearing when you last got a compliment?

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I was wearing Chanel Pour Monsieur yesterday and while I was droping off some purchase orders the office manager said "That one! Keep wearing that one!".

a palmful ofMasters Spice a/s splash with 3 squirts of One Man Show oud edt,rubbed briskly through hair,beard and massaged into skin.

Strangely enough, it was Encre Noire, which I really don't see as a compliment getter. I wear it for myself. I stopped at Walgreens to pick up a prescription on my way to work the other day and the young pharmacy tech said, "Wow, what it that? You smell so fresh and nice!" Who knew?

Darn, well the lovely lady that gave me that complement may have been hitting on me. I was at a bar and definitely wearing a wedding ring..... It's always nice to hear a complement! :-D
My wife has complimented once on my scent over the last few years. I had used Tcheon Fung Sing Uncle Walter with Furbo vintage blu aftershave.

Everything else smells like grandpa/grandma/carpet cleaner/bathrooms/janitor's closet/etc. :(

She even BOUGHT me the Terre D'Hermes EDT. I'm not even sure she likes it.

My wife has complimented once on my scent over the last few years. I had used Tcheon Fung Sing Uncle Walter with Furbo vintage blu aftershave.

Everything else smells like grandpa/grandma/carpet cleaner/bathrooms/janitor's closet/etc. :(
SO TRUE!
She even BOUGHT me the Terre D'Hermes EDT. I'm not even sure she likes it.
Women.... I think mine no longer has a nose for all the different scents I wear.

I'd say, if we had a true signature scent, our women would grow to appreciate it more and more. As it is, they might guess there is a stranger in their home as opposed to their loving husband.... I often wonder, what will my son say I smelled like when I am dead and gone? "I remember my dad smelling like Perfumania or the entrance to a Macy's store," too bad.....

Personally I've narrowed my scent profile of colognes down to Terre D'Hermes and Creed Aventus.

Matt

Women.... I think mine no longer has a nose for all the different scents I wear.

I'd say, if we had a true signature scent, our women would grow to appreciate it more and more. As it is, they might guess there is a stranger in their home as opposed to their loving husband.... I often wonder, what will my son say I smelled like when I am dead and gone? "I remember my dad smelling like Perfumania or the entrance to a Macy's store," too bad.....

Personally I've narrowed my scent profile of colognes down to Terre D'Hermes and Creed Aventus.

Matt

OMG, I legitimately laughed out loud in my office reading that.

Sad, but true.

That said, I turned my Dad onto Fine American Blend at age 68?. He is now 70. When he leaves us, that will be his signature scent to me. Even though he wore clubman, wild country, or aqua velva for over 50 years. I feel like FAB took his classic scents and turned them into a turbo captain planet scent.

OMG, I legitimately laughed out loud in my office reading that.

Sad, but true.

That said, I turned my Dad onto Fine American Blend at age 68?. He is now 70. When he leaves us, that will be his signature scent to me. Even though he wore clubman, wild country, or aqua velva for over 50 years. I feel like FAB took his classic scents and turned them into a turbo captain planet scent.
LOL

My father now smells like Tabac! I'll always remember his scent as Old Spice though.

My last compliment was just the other week. I was wearing Ralph Lauren Double Black. I've been wearing that for years. Before that I got continual compliments for Giorgio Red.

I was wearing L'Occitane Eau de Cedrat to a gathering just before Christmas. My friends girlfriend asked me what is was and got him a bottle of it for Christmas.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
My office manager compliments me everytime I wear Chanel Pour Monsieur and the last time I went out to breakfast I was wearing Fougere Royale. My waitress walked walked up and mid order said "You smell SO good!"

I was wearing Stirling's EMP cologne. I also have the Stirling Executive Man EDT, which I prefer over the EMP, but this one must smell pretty awesome as well. From Stirling's scent description, it appears that the EMP was just infused with a bit more of the pineapple, so it's basically their Executive Man offering with a bit more of a forward pineapple scent.

I like both of them, but again, prefer the Executive Man, as it to me is a bit more laid back. I haven't tried the Creed Aventus, but imagine if I love these, that would be a great experience, just can't afford it at the moment, plus, I am a huge fan of Stirling Soaps and their products.

Top Bottom