What's new

What Frag were you wearing when you last got a compliment?

The only time I have ever received a compliment (if you could call it that), was from a group of German speaking girls while I was wearing Dry Idea's Baby Powder deodorant and all they said was "better" after telling me point blank the Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger I had been wearing the previous day was blehh on me. The sales girl who sold me Tommy complimented me enormously (obviously). Stupidly I was thinking with something other than my head when she sold it to me.

A550E1EE-2D72-44F4-A197-E97C66437A96.jpeg

Twice. Then again I don't exactly effuse an air of approachability. One time I was wearing Tom Ford Ombre Leather and the other time it was Nejma 1.

I am convinced that most "compliments" from someone who wants nothing of significance from you are people politely advising you that you are wearing too much.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Twice. Then again I don't exactly effuse an air of approachability. One time I was wearing Tom Ford Ombre Leather and the other time it was Nejma 1.

I am convinced that most "compliments" from someone who wants nothing of significance from you are people politely advising you that you are wearing too much.
Yes.

Tho I almost killed someone with Grey Flannel and he never said a werd....

Of course, he was too busy coughing!

I hope I am never THAT guy again.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
babybottomsmooth:
From the House of Pinaud, the Mrs. 'really' liked my French Bouquet AS and softly remarked while we were 'out & about the town', "Damnnn...that's some good cologne". I replied slyly...,"But Honey...it's only aftershave...only lasts about 2hrs". Shoulder Shrug.jpg

So, she said..."I like it anyway on you". Now, my only problem is...what do I do when I run out ("Good things always come
to a end")
proxy.php

Well, I guess I'll keep a 'look-out' for more vintage AS's on 'the Bay'. Ebay Bidding.jpg

Pinaud Logo - 1.jpg “Shaving with style and tradition since 1810”. Pinaud Slogan

Last compliment was from my wife. I was wearing Seaforth's Black Watch AS. Prior to that was at the Dentist office getting my teeth cleaned and I was wearing Stirling's Sharp Dressed Man EDT.

Last compliment from wife was Dick Johnson Serpent Signature, last compliment from someobe else has been Fine Accountrements Fresh Vetiver.

Bvlgari Tygar at a grocery store, asked what fragrance I was wearing from 30 feet away. I said “you can smell it all the way over there?”

She said she passed by me before then and said “ hmmm that smells good “ lol

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
As I posted above, I generally believe that I'm doing something wrong if people more than a foot away can smell my cologne, so compliments (or comments) are few by design. Yesterday I was in a crowded function wearing Mugler Cologne and someone asked what laundry detergent or fabric softener I used because my clothes smelled so fresh and clean.

Is that a compliment?

As I posted above, I generally believe that I'm doing something wrong if people more than a foot away can smell my cologne, so compliments (or comments) are few by design. Yesterday I was in a crowded function wearing Mugler Cologne and someone asked what laundry detergent or fabric softener I used because my clothes smelled so fresh and clean.

Is that a compliment?
Agreed.

The last compliment I received was from an alrline gate worker as I was boarding a recent redeye flight. I had a few drinks and stupidly over sprayed myself at the duty free with Ralph’s Club Parfum immediately before I boarded the flight. The “You smell good” complement apparently translated to “holy ####, how much cologne did you put on?” according to my wife.

I DID smell good. And I DID stink out the entire 767 likely. Only a 9 hour flight in any case. 😝

Ya my first thought was “I’m wearing too much cologne “ when the lady asked me from afar what I was wearing, then I saw her a few more times around the store running into each other, she asked me again what the name was and she wanted to write it down but couldn’t find a pen and asked me how it’s spelled… then again she could be keeping a mental note “ stay away from this cologne “ lol

Ya my first thought was “I’m wearing too much cologne “ when the lady asked me from afar what I was wearing, then I saw her a few more times around the store running into each other, she asked me again what the name was and she wanted to write it down but couldn’t find a pen and asked me how it’s spelled… then again she could be keeping a mental note “ stay away from this cologne “ lol
Not our fault that some fragrances are stronger than others. 😉

I usually spray my chest once and one (two tops) spray on my wrist and dab together. Never get complaints. Today I used 3 sprays of Prada L’Homme Intense and stunk out the house. 🤷‍♂️

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I used St Johns Bay Rum this morning and my wife commented about how good it smelled. She said she liked it when I smelled that way all the time. For many years my only fragrances were St Johns Bay Rum, St Johns Lime Cologne, kanon, and Floris' New Mown Hay. In many ways I was more contented and satisfied with my collection then. Filling a room with colognes hasn't made me as happy as I thought it would.

I have worn fragrances for many years. My girls (wife included) always say I smell good. Recently I switched colognes and EVERYWHERE I go I receive compliments, it's insane. I even thought maybe it wasn't so good I received an OH MY GOD you smell so good. Like at the grocery store, at the doctor's, at the chiropractor I receive compliments. Last time my doctor told me that when I left apparently all the nurses and such were asking who was that, he smelled great, and what was he wearing.

Top Bottom