What's new

What Food is in Your Go Bag?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
MRE’s and life straw.
That gets me to the ranch.
We have 3 wells that r windmill driven. We r good from there.
Will be eating lots of pork and venison.

I don't really see the need for me to have a Bug Out Bag...my "destination" would be here. Well water, generator, supply of food on the shelves, game and fish readily available...why would I want to leave unless....

Sorry Aaron...not much help, am I.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I don't really see the need for me to have a Bug Out Bag...my "destination" would be here. Well water, generator, supply of food on the shelves, game and fish readily available...why would I want to leave unless....

You'll be the 2nd place I pay a little visit.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Okay, I see where you guys are going on no food in your go bag. No me though. Protein powder, jerky, nuts, even some freezed dried is what i would stock it with. If you don't eat it you could help others or barter.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
We haven't had a go bag since my wife was pregnant. The youngest is 40 this year and I wouldn't look good in maternity clothes anyway.

But we usually have a few granola bars and bottles of water for trips. I guess I won't get far.

Okay, I see where you guys are going on no food in your go bag. No me though. Protein powder, jerky, nuts, even some freezed dried is what i would stock it with. If you don't eat it you could help others or barter.

I do not think that protein is called for in the short run. Carbs give fast energy, esp. for the brain, and fat is energy dense. Coffee, however, is essential.

Wet wipes and hand sanitizer too. And a first aid kit. When you really need haemostatic gauze, there really is no substitute. And a CAT.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I have a go bag. For me it's in case of emergencies when I'd need to leave the house quickly, like a middle of the night hospital trip for example. Not much food aside from some granola bars and tea bags, enough to keep me comfortable in the short term.

MREs, multivitamins, gummy bears, beef jerky, and a few protein shots (it's 26 grams of protein in a liquid, stored in an oversized test tube thing).
I've had to use it a few times.

I made two quarts of trail
mix from things I had here:

Mission Figs Shredded Coconut
Mixed Raisins Walnuts Almonds
Cocoa Stevia Leaf Himalayan Salt
Cinnamon

AB286566-7957-4FC7-B5F7-A2D16E5BCB21.jpeg
A3E24923-2A2D-42C3-A6A2-90C9E0A71250.jpeg
C3BEFBAB-5CBF-47E4-A83B-ACD7C8E1F29C.jpeg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"

If I (we) showed up at your house there could be problems. I'd eat all your pork n beans and Wolf brand chili, clean out the freezer and burn all your wood/briquetes. I can fish too so your tank would be empty.

Top Bottom