What's new

What Flat Cap did you wear today?

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Awaiting the arrival of this one. Should get here by the end of this week.

E1A0C39E-E2C7-41A6-86C2-CE912E98A82A.jpeg

View attachment 956118
Wearing my gray newsboy cap today. I got this for REAL cheap on Amazon, and I love it. This is a cap I feel like I want to wear everyday and never replace it. The thing looks great on me. I wish I had discovered flat caps like this a long time ago. I would have saved my self so much trouble messing with constant haircuts and pomade.

I got my eye on a newsboy cap from Jangoul at Amazon. It looks like an amazing cap, and priced well at just $29. What a deal.

View attachment 956119
Too high for me.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I may try a Boston scaly any thoughts?

I want to try them as well.

Great caps. I own a few of them. They fit nice and look nice.

Good to know.

I wanted to order the Peaky cap from Boston Scally but the website indicates it is sold out. I sent an email to their CS and I received a response that it would be back in stock in about 8-10 weeks.

Looking forward to the Wigens Magee.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Nice looking cap. Is it a more Wintery cap or an all rounder?

It's more for the cooler weather. It's not too heavy so can be worn in Spring, Autumn and Winter.
With the southerly storm we had yesterday, I got to wear it in Summer. It felt wrong but so good.:)

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It's more for the cooler weather. It's not too heavy so can be worn in Spring, Autumn and Winter.
With the southerly storm we had yesterday, I got to wear it in Summer. It felt wrong but so good.:)
It is a great cap, I have not heard of the brand but I am not in to the caps as much as I would like to be. I was going to wear one, one day last year and LOTH would not let me leave the house. Reckons they are old mans caps. But some caps look good on us “young uns”.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
It is a great cap, I have not heard of the brand but I am not in to the caps as much as I would like to be. I was going to wear one, one day last year and LOTH would not let me leave the house. Reckons they are old mans caps. But some caps look good on us “young uns”.

My wife likes flat caps but prefers the more closer fitting ones not the floppy ones. Hey but she's not wearing it. :)
Hats are cool and not aged limited.

Hills Hats is a NZ hat maker. The video shows some of their the different stuff they make.
They have a little shop at their factory which is close to where I live.

red.jpg

I want to find a Newsboy flat cap like the one Robert Redford is wearing in 'The Sting.' That's a really nice cap. looking around for just like this one. It looks like a big cap. I wonder if they still make them like this now? I'm pretty sure that's a newsboy cap.

r.jpg

That is a Newsboy cap. I don't care for the really large ones. I have sent back a couple of caps because of being too big when I received them in. That is one down side of buying online.
For me the caps I buy at 'Boston Scally' are just the right size. And they have all types.

Yeah, that's what I thought. In looking at some of early 1970s movies, I see the type of newsboy flat cap that Robert Redford is wearing here. I guess it was more in fashion back then compared to now. It had that gangster look to it.

Top Bottom