What's new

What Flat Cap did you wear today?

JohnN, we ARE talking about relevant stuff. This is what forums are about. We share stuff. There's an ignore feature you can use if you don't want to read my posts. In the meantime, let's NOT boss each other around, OK? I won't tell you what to post, and you don't tell me, alright? Anyway, do whatever you want. I'm not going to try and control you. I don't want to follow in your footsteps.

Okay, back to my flat caps. It's pretty neat to be wearing my flat caps once again. Whats interesting to me is I get the same reactions from women when I'm wearing a cheap flat cap than I'm wearing my expensive $70 flat cap. It literally doesn't matter. What does that tell you? It tells me is that it's how you look is what's really important. Like a of people, I was kind of hung up about feeling the need to dump a ton of cash on buying the best flat cap, but it doesn't matter one bit. As such, I'm just going to stick with the cheap ones, and not waste cash on buying the so-called best.

When I was at the doctor's office recently, the medical staff were just staring at me and at my flat cap. I could tell that they were thinking about how great I look with the cap on, and how they wanted one too. My doctor is bald, and I could read his thoughts each time he would look at my flat cap. He was thiking along the lines, 'I need to get one of those myself, so can look attractive, and not feel weird about my lack of hair.' At least that's what I imagine he was thinking. He kept looking at my cap repeatedly during the session. Yeah, he could have been thinking, 'Man, that is a cheap flat cap. Why in the heck did he buy that rag?' I don't think so though. With all the women that have been going after me since I started wearing flat caps a week ago, I think my doctor is thiking of getting a flat cap to hide his bald head, aso he can look attractive. That's fine.

Last edited:
Today I wore my knock off Herringbone classic flat cap that I bought at Amazon for $15. It's a green checkered model that is totally loud, but I like it because it gets attention wherever I go. Yeah, its cheaply made with elastic liner, but it looks like the real thing. The flap was cheap, so ugly but effective for what I wanted it for. I wanted it for fishing purposes.

Went fishing today

With time to kill now that I'm shed of my domineering ex-girlfriend, I went to a local Starbucks where I live. I then ordered some coffee, and then sat down and waited. I set my stop watch to see how long it would take before I got my first bite. Normally it takes about 5 to 7 minutes before women start throwing themselves at me, but today it took 15. The place was only half filled. Okay, so 15 minutes, a group of females started staring at me, smiling and giggling like schoolgirls. They were in their mid-30s, and much older than me. I was thinking to myself, 'Oh man, I hope they don't expect me to walk up to their table and start yacking it up.' I wasn't going to do that. I hate meeting women when they have a bunch of friends with them. That's a no go for me. Anyway, they were too old. I don't want another 35-year-old at this point. So basically I ignored them.

At 23 minutes in, a really nice looking women approximately in her early 20s started making eye contact with me. She wasn't just glancing at me shyly. She was STARING at me. Was the flat cap I was wearing that attracted her to me? I'd say probably not, considering my flat caps was atrocious looking. She was falling for me because of my Hollywood movie star looks, which couldn't resist.

Maybe it was the flap cap? The thing looks ike a green checkered neon sign. I like it because its so ugly. The uglier the flap cap the better for me. Anyway, so I smiled back her, thinking I would make her day. I didn't want to do any hard work by going over there and talking. Like I'm still kind of half stunned from dumping my Anne Bankcroft look alike girlfiend. I actually liked her.

As far as this girl goes, I guess the smile that I gave her was enough, because she walked up to me, introduced herself and asked if she could sit down. When she realized I wasn't going to go walk up to here, she made the first move herself. Very forward, but obviously she'd never had the chance to be with someone as good looking as me, so she went for it. I felt like the bait being chased by a trout. We talked for about an hour, and we arranged a date.

When she left, I could tell she was so happy. I'm kind of ambivalent about it. Yeah, she's great looking, but she's not a grown woman and classy like my ex-girlfriend. She was so perfect. I don't know how to describe so you guys can understand. Unlike me, her parents have been rich all her life, and grew up with glass. Everything about her was class and worldliness. I'm the opposite. I grew up poor with basically nothing. That's why I liked her so much.

Anyway, I'm blabbering. I think I should call the women and go through with the date. I'm surprised that it took me 30 minutes to get a women to approach me, but that's the crazy flat cap that I had on. Not having hair around the sides of my head slightly degraded my natural movie star looks. The flat cap though. It's so, so ugly, so that might have been the reason it took 30 minutes for me to get picked up on.

Thanks, Nico1. Flat caps are very useful. I feel like they've helped me in a lot of ways. Since I dumped my girlfriend of 3 years, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me. It's almost like I'm a bow that has been pulled back slowly for the last 3 years, and ready to release and start living again. I feel like I've been owned by my girlfriend these years. I've felt like a trophy boyfriend for an older woman. There's been pluses and minuses. I've learned a lot from her, but I've been totally under her thumb, getting bossed around constantly. She would set the itinerary each day, and it's been annoying.

For me, flat caps have helped me gain the confidence to dump my girlfriend, and stop making myself look like a 1920s matinee idol with pomade. When I talk to people, they always look at my hair when I have pomade in it. That wet 'just out of the shower' look that pomade gives me is both an attraction and a turnoff for people. With flat caps, I don't get that. Yeah, people look at them, but they're not thinking, 'Did this guy just get out of the shower or what?' I kind of like the flat caps because I can pull them down to hide my movie star looks when I'm out in public. I can pull them down or tip them back, and have women go after me. It's pretty cool. Still not sure if I'll continue to use flat caps long term. I definitely growing my hair back. I feel stupid for having cut it in the first place, but I wanted to try to save my relationship. It didn't work unfortunately.

Looks like everyone has blown town from this thread. This is what I was afraid of. Without me to keep it alive with junk about my life, this thread would wind up on the bottom. I guess there's only so much you can say in doing 'show and tell' about flat caps. I'm kind of opposite. Instead of bragging about getting the very best flat cap, I'm shooting for the very worst I can find. Like I said, I discovered it doesn't matter. i'm getting women throwing themselves at me no matter flat cap I wear.

I love flat caps, but quality is so meaningless. The worst is the best, and I mean that. I feel like a 1930s Grapes of Wrath chracter when I wear these things or Mice and Men. Tenant farmers moving from place to place helping out.

Got tailed at a local store tonight

Anyway, it's evening now, and I'm wearing another one of my cheepo flat caps. I'm not sure what brand it is. My sister sent it to me for Christmas, and it's too big for me. It's black, and looked poofy. The thing of it is, when I stopped for groceries tonight on my way home, I was being tailed by a woman the entire time I was in the store.

She literally followed me around, and couldn't or wouldn't take her eyes off of me. I thought I looked bad with this cheap, black oversized flat cap on, but evidently I was pleasing to the eye for this woman. I could have stopped and just confronted the women to let her meet me, but I want to be alone for awhile. I didn't call that girl I met at the coffee shop yet, and I don't know that I will. She seems so needy, and I can't handle that type of person. I like strong women and that take charge. I'm used to it now after my last girlfriend.

The cap kind of reminds me of what one would see from the 1970s. You tilt it to the side and look cool. Since that's not my style, I'm just using it to cover my crome dome.

Still wondering if I should grow my hair back or not. I'm conficted. The whole reason for me cutting my hair off in the first place is no longer relevant with me dumping my girlfriend. Other than that, the only reason I would continue to cut it off is for the ease of not having to deal with styling it. I've got really curly hair, and not showing signs of balding. I don't think I will. My german grandfather never lost his hair, and I look like him. For the longest time been looking for a barber in my town, and they all look criminals. When they go in those places, I'm got my hand on my wallet. I don't want it to be nicked. I'll never go back. I purchased a nice pair of scissors and learned how to cut it on my own without using electic clippers. Heck, a trained monkey can probably learn how to cut hair. It's so, so easy.

Side note: If it's just me on this thread from here on out, I'm good with it. I like it this way, to be honest.

'I am the monarch of all I survey.'

As I was saying, I'm wearing one of my inexpensive flat caps today. Not sure which brand, because I my sister got it from the Salvation arm and the tag was ripped off. All I can say is it's black, poofy, ugly and perfect for what I need. I just need it to cover my head, and I'm not too picky.

I really love this Stefeno pub cap.
20200128_204144.jpg

gd.jpg

Peaky Blinders flat cap

This flat cap cost me about $15, looks cheap, but man it looks great on me. When I go places with this thing on, I'm stared nonstop. I love it. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to have an expensive Peaky Blinders Flat cap. I don't think that the extra money I pay for it would increase my Hollywood looks significantly to make it worth buying one.

Was wearing my old trusty newsboy cap today. Had it tilted downwards to kind of hide my face, as I wanted to be ignored today. Had a headache all day and felt terrible. Nothing worked on fixing it. Too much stress in my life. To top it off, my ex-girlfriend, who looks like an exact copy of Anne Bankcroft, came over unannounced at 3 am, and woke me up. I don't know why she does this. We're usually together when I'm off work except for the last week.

When we get in fights and aren't speaking to one another, she shows up at my house and comes to back of the house, and knocks on my window. I live up in the mountains, and I wake up each time thinking it's some kind of wildlife trying to break in. Anyway, we ended up talking for the remainder of the night, and got back together. She looked so great. Black makeup around her brown eyes, jeft black hair and dark clothing. All black. She looks so amazing when she wears black. Total fatal attraction. She doesn't want to let me go. I can see that every time. That look. It kind of scares me. What happens If I tell her I don't want to get back together? I don't think I want to find out. My girlfriends have always fallen for me big time right away. It's never been easy to break up with any of them.

I'm pretty tired today from not getting any sleep. Drank a bunch of coffee tonight, and trying to get work done. Wanted to post tonight on B&B. I should probably end here, and get back to work.

Last edited:
I received a compliment wearing this hat while visiting the nursing home rehab center where my 90 year old Mom is at temporarily. It's a light weight fabric great for transitional seasons, with a slight curve to the bill. Shandon from Ireland bought at a local Irish shop.
Shandon Flat Cap.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Just got this for a change from my usual cap, it is a little tight. Will it loosen over time or is there a way to stretch it a bit?
20200331_202212.jpg

20200331_202348.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Thanks for the tips guys. I tried the method on the video posted above by cleanshaved. I used steam from a kettle of boiling water to heavily steam the cap and used the 'two fist' method as shown in the video to stretch it a little. I repeated this several times, have worn the cap for a few hours at home, and it seems to have actually worked! It is a lot more comfortable to wear so for a small adjustment this certainly is effective 👍

Top Bottom