What's new

What Flat Cap did you wear today?

It kind of becomes an addiction after awhile, buying flat caps. I've only been collecting flat caps for a short period of time, but I've accumulated a ton of them. I look a lot better with these caps on than I do when I'm not wearing them. Some people look great with them on, while others don't look so great. For example, George Clooney looks kind of strange while wearing them. I guess you have to have the right face or head for them. Clooney still looks great obviously even with a flat cap on, but he's more Hollywood without them.

clooney.jpg

With me, I look a lot better with flat caps on than I do when I'm using pomade. I think I've gotten a little overboard with pomade. My girlfriend has been urging me to use flat caps, because she thinks I look a lot better but I think I've stubbornly resisting by still using pomade. I like the idea of not having to mess my hair as much when I use flat caps, and I can change the color and the style depending on the occasion.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
It kind of becomes an addiction after awhile, buying flat caps.

Hats in general are something I have a fair few of, but I only have one flat cap (well, newsboy cap actually). I have considered more, but I have a Brazillian tarp hat, waxed cotton trilby, beanies, mountain cap, one ball cap, and a second on order, a bobble hat, and an assortment of Buffs. I used to have a Barmah Sundowner Roo as well, but that's gone AWOL unfortunately. A good healthy assortment.

I'll probably pick up a second flat cap at some point, but as you rightly say, not all hats suit all wearers. I have to be quite selective of flat caps, and indeed all hats, as only a few work for me. Having long hair seems to narrow the selection that looks good on me even further.

I've not ruled out adding a Pork Pie and crushable wool trilby to the array too, if I can find ones that works on me. Sadly, the ones I've tried so far looked truly awful on me.

stin.jpg

Thanks, Shave Brush. I'm getting too many compliments with the Newsboy cap, so I decided to start wearing my stingy brim fedora. This is the style hat that Sylvester Stallone wore in the original 'Rocky' movie from the mid-1970s. Yeah, I know it's not a flat cap, but I figured I'd throw it in here anyway. The only thing I have negative to say about this hat is I feel under-dressed when I wear it. I feel like I should be dressed in a suit. Rocky Balboa still looked good wearing it when not dressed up, so it's good enough for me.

roc.jpg

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
330719E6-A32C-466A-96FD-BB08CBAFD90F.jpeg
9B47303D-9228-4C0F-8FE3-A4086804867C.jpeg
3F16CA96-3355-4C60-AAC5-56D196B3152B.jpeg
My HarrisTweed cap today. One photo of it on my head, a close up of the fabric, and one of the inside. Oddly, they take Harris Tweed all the way from Scotland to China to make it into a hat. Quilted lining gives all the insulation one could need in a hat that doesn’t cover the ears.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I only have the one flat cap, and yes, it was a flat cap day today.

proxy.php

This one again today. It's the only flat cap I have, but I have several other hats to choose from too. It was perfect flat cap weather today though (dry, cool enough for a quilted hat, but not cold enough to need the ears covered)

I got a new cap yesterday. It's from Boston Scally. I love their selection of caps. It's a nice deep black color but my pictures make it look almost grey. Does not do it justice. Here is a picture of it anyway.
Cap.jpg

6FA80AA8-6BED-453D-B1F7-63CFB4AD9DDF.jpeg709202C4-34A6-45A4-8891-0DA487648932.jpeg
Dept store clearance......$1.77 a decade ago. Bought two in olive, two unlined in tan. I can’t seem to wear them out. In spite of wearing them out.

bs.jpg

Wearing my gray newsboy cap today. I got this for REAL cheap on Amazon, and I love it. This is a cap I feel like I want to wear everyday and never replace it. The thing looks great on me. I wish I had discovered flat caps like this a long time ago. I would have saved my self so much trouble messing with constant haircuts and pomade.

I got my eye on a newsboy cap from Jangoul at Amazon. It looks like an amazing cap, and priced well at just $29. What a deal.

jan.png

Top Bottom