What's new

What fits into a Taylor's bowl? (And, samples.)

Assuming, of course, anything other than Taylor does.

I've been more of a cream guy, as much for the sake of convenience as anything, since I've started doing this whole batty DE wet shaving thing. However, I am (with any luck) going to be spending quite a bit of time in Russia later this year and into next. So, as a matter of convenience (not having to lug my big shaving mug with me), I'm considering going over to the soap side of things. I've got a handy wooden bowl left over from an early experiment with Taylor's Sandalwood soap, and being tight--er, frugal!--I'd rather avoid having to buy a new bowl.

So, what other soaps fit into a Taylor's bowl? Trumper's bowls look quite similar.

Also, is there any way to get samples of these lovely things, or places where I might be able to sniff them in the B&M world? The description of Harris's Arlington sounds quite pleasant, and I'm intrigued with Penhaligon's range, but both are quite pricey to buy blind and risk not liking them. I do tend to be a bit picky with fragrances. Did I see in another thread that Saks carries Penhaligon's products?

Thanks to all, gentlemen!

I could be wrong, but I think they are all more or less the same. Except, of course, for the ones that are different!

Top Bottom