• mustache

• goatee, with or without stache

• sideburns or chops

• full beard

• clean shaven all the way

Results are only viewable after voting.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I had a beard for 3 or 4 years circa 1990. I kept it neat and trim. I suspect that if I were ever to grow one again there'd be no trimming- I'd opt for that Russian Orthodox staretz monk look.

So I've been keeping my formerly 6" beard neat and trim lately. But I tried something new recently. I've trimmed the beard and left my mustache alone, just a light touch with scissors to knock back strays and even the length. And now instead of the beard and mustache being proportional in length and bushiness, I'm starting to see a short beard supporting what will be a nice walrus mustache.

Trimmed my beard off at the beginning of the month. A hairless patch a little bigger than a nickel appeared on my jawline a few days after the trim... and has not grown in since. Have been hovering between clean shaven and stubble since. Doc confirmed it is alopecia barbae. The few hairs that have returned are snow white. No beard for the indefinite future. Time to work on a mustache.

this is what i have been working on lately. will at some point go back to a handlebar mustache, maybe with a time in between with long chops. when i started this about a year and a half ago i did all the shaving i needed still with a straight to really learn something new. so for about 6 months i still shaved my neck and cheeks exclusively with some form of straight.
20201011_181439.jpg

this is what i have been working on lately. will at some point go back to a handlebar mustache, maybe with a time in between with long chops. when i started this about a year and a half ago i did all the shaving i needed still with a straight to really learn something new. so for about 6 months i still shaved my neck and cheeks exclusively with some form of straight. View attachment 1180026
Great beard!

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
After decades of sporting a bushy full beard I’ve really enjoyed the change and opportunity to shave again although I miss a little something. Movember has been my opportunity to scratch that itch. I dig the stach, time will tell if it becomes a permanent fixture.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Other than a month or so with a moustache circa 1969 and the occasional backpacking trip and its inevitable growth of facial hair, I have shaved every day since I started.

this is what i have been working on lately. will at some point go back to a handlebar mustache, maybe with a time in between with long chops. when i started this about a year and a half ago i did all the shaving i needed still with a straight to really learn something new. so for about 6 months i still shaved my neck and cheeks exclusively with some form of straight.

I'm a bit late but quite impressive sir!

Shaved off my beard a couple of weeks ago. I frequently get skin irritation and dryness under my beard, but it's usually manageable with some good beard oil and beard balm. Most of the time it's perfectly controlled and I have no itching or anything. For some reason the irritation got really, really bad a couple of weeks ago and the oils and balms weren't doing anything. I'd had enough at that point and shaved it off. Left the mustache, though, since I've never had a problem with irritation under my mustache for some reason, and I wanted to keep some semblance of my manhood.

The skin under my beard was horribly irritated. It was deep red and raised like hives or welts.

2CE15D07-DDCE-42B2-9BF0-0505FCD8413C_1_201_a.jpeg

It looks a little better now, still some redness, itching and dryness, but this I can control with lotion/beard balm.

DB5784A4-EBF3-4A4D-85AD-85FC906E9BAD_1_201_a.jpeg

I have no idea what causes it, and if there's anything I can do about it. I'll probably regrow it at some point, but not any time soon.

Shaved off my beard a couple of weeks ago. I frequently get skin irritation and dryness under my beard, but it's usually manageable with some good beard oil and beard balm. Most of the time it's perfectly controlled and I have no itching or anything. For some reason the irritation got really, really bad a couple of weeks ago and the oils and balms weren't doing anything. I'd had enough at that point and shaved it off. Left the mustache, though, since I've never had a problem with irritation under my mustache for some reason, and I wanted to keep some semblance of my manhood.

The skin under my beard was horribly irritated. It was deep red and raised like hives or welts.

View attachment 1237976

It looks a little better now, still some redness, itching and dryness, but this I can control with lotion/beard balm.

View attachment 1237977

I have no idea what causes it, and if there's anything I can do about it. I'll probably regrow it at some point, but not any time soon.

Looks uncomfortable.

Do you always use balms and oils or only when you have issues? You’ve probably already thought of this but are your balms and oils scented? There’s a specific brand and scent that I’m allergic to whatever they’re using in their recipe. I used it for quite awhile before the allergy showed up. It cleared up when I started using unscented oil.

Looks uncomfortable.

Do you always use balms and oils or only when you have issues? You’ve probably already thought of this but are your balms and oils scented? There’s a specific brand and scent that I’m allergic to whatever they’re using in their recipe. I used it for quite awhile before the allergy showed up. It cleared up when I started using unscented oil.
I used them every day when I still had the beard, for maintenance. And I normally don't have a problem. In fact, the itching and beardruff would get worse when I did forget to use them. That being said, I have a specific brand of oils and balms that I use because they don't make me break out. Before I found these, other brands of oils and balms did make me break out. But the ones I was using most recently were great.

I used them every day when I still had the beard, for maintenance. And I normally don't have a problem. In fact, the itching and beardruff would get worse when I did forget to use them. That being said, I have a specific brand of oils and balms that I use because they don't make me break out. Before I found these, other brands of oils and balms did make me break out. But the ones I was using most recently were great.
I have found that a neutral conditioner is all I need and maybe wash it 1-2 week. The more stuff the oils/balms have the more I itch. Trader Joes they have shampoo, conditioner, and 3 oils that are just fine with NO added stuff and very reasonably priced.
If the beard is long I have to put oil, and fair amount of it or else it looks bad; but now with the virus I am either shaved or just goat with NO products to hamper mask integrity.

Btw my dermatologist recommended retinol ROC for irritation.

Top Bottom